Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Damaged my brand new TCR

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Damaged my brand new TCR

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-19, 08:10 PM
Kimmo 
bike whisperer

Bikes: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152015&p=1404231

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1523 Post(s)
Liked 716 Times in 508 Posts
Originally Posted by colombo357
Carbon fiber, like titanium, is inert.

It does not care about the elements.
I doubt all modern resins are UV proof yet, and I've heard that it can absorb water, I imagine especially through damaged areas. You don't want that...

I'd probably just feather the edge of the paint with a sharp blade and see if I could find duct tape in black.
Old 12-08-19, 02:10 PM
theraPi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks everyone, I think I'll just seal it and then try to cover it for some protection, at least.
And of course get a chain catcher...
Old 12-10-19, 03:02 PM
GnipGnop
just having fun

Bikes: 1994 TiCycles Softride, 199X Cyclops Stealth Softride, 1999 Rocky Mountain Soul, 1973 Colnago Super

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 29 Posts
I'd seal it with a thin coat of super glue, after wiping it down with 99% alcohol.