Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Bont Shoe Sizing

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Bont Shoe Sizing

Old 03-08-17, 12:37 PM
topslop1

Bikes: Canyon Endurance CF SL Disc 7.0, Salsa Pony Rustler GX1, Cannondale Synapse 105

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1476 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sent an email to customer service asking if this is 'how they are now'. I can understand some hand touches, but christ half the points cut sideways.. lol. We'll see if they say 'yeah sorry' or 'hey this is how we do it now'..
Old 03-08-17, 12:49 PM
topslop1

Bikes: Canyon Endurance CF SL Disc 7.0, Salsa Pony Rustler GX1, Cannondale Synapse 105

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1476 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Also, while they fit it feels very odd not having a good finger width and a half of room in the front. Wondering if anyone can speak to this and or the 'best fit' attributes.
Old 04-30-17, 10:18 AM
_je

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I wear 42.5 in Specialized which fits fantastic, right from the box. I'd need 43.5 in Sidi. I tried on a pair of Bont 43 that I really wanted, and the length is good, but noticed 2 things: They still felt short because there was some bump just behind the ball of my foot.. should there be in that position? They felt very tight across the front of my first knuckle in both height and length. Can you wait, or heat mold that out?

I was constantly adjusting my foot fore and aft, not for length, but for appropriate position and comfort. They felt a little like the Sidi 43 that were just a bit too short for me. The Specialized don't feel like that at all.

A guy near me has a new pair he'd like to sell. The width feels comfy and the carbon sole is just awesome. I was hesitant to buy and mold, and be left with something that still doesn't feel right, even though I really still want to. Can this still be a go, what do you think?

Old 04-30-17, 12:12 PM
beatlebee 

Bikes: i may have bike(s)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a pair of Bont zero + in 45. I wear a size 11 in regular shoes, size 45 in giro. The bonts are just a tad too small. Too bad as they are the best road shoe out there for performance. Up for sale...
Old 09-26-19, 10:36 AM
PacoExpress

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by topslop1 View Post
Here's the half size up from the wizard. Where my nail on my thumb ends (thumbfinger) is where the end of my toe nail is in the bonts.
Thinking that they fit spot on. The upsize to this would've been a full size jump to 46 and I'm going to bet that would've been too large in comparison.

Notes on the shoe: Lightweight, BOA really locks down top of foot, nice coloration. Overall, looks like a hurried product as far as construction - some of the stitching, cutting of leather, and overall construction looks rushed and a tad 'off' for a shoe at this cost. I've seen dress shoes in similar price ranges that were immaculately constructed. This is very much so a rushed shoe out of a large shop that is not USA or EU based. While it's no doubt an impressive shoe, construction is lackluster for price point.
Hello, sorry for bringing this old thread back to life. I just got a pair of bont vaypor s, and I can touch the nail of my longest toe around the same spot as you show on this pic. Feels like the shoe might be a bit too long and was wondering if you tried a smaller size than the one shown here, and decided it felt better to have that extra room? I know the "bathtub-like" construction means the shoe will not stretch at all, so maybe the extra room is better/needed. But I feel the rest of the foot is very secure and locked into the back of the heel (good feeling) and the feet will not move around at all. So wondering if I need that much extra space is needed for this type of shoe.

Thanks, Paco