Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

Haro group 1 rs2 29”

Search
Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Haro group 1 rs2 29”

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-20, 11:14 PM
@dgxiv

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Haro group 1 rs2 29”

I have a Haro group 1 rs2 29” my crank set is mess up and I want to find a better one but I know nothing about. I checks Haros website and they give minimal details all I know is it’s a 3 peace crank. Do you have know if any other good affordable cranksets that would be a good replacement.
Old 05-26-20, 04:19 AM
acir71

Bikes: Mongoose Maurice FS 2011 fixed gear, custom 2017 Haro Master Flatland bmx, Contrast FL475 mid school flatland bmx

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
First of of all, u need to establish the bb type; I believe yours has a mid bb as per what I googled. Mid bbs has press in bearings; hence no 2, is the existing bearing still good, or do u need to change that as well? If its still good & you're not gonna chg that, your crank options will dwell upon that existing bearing size or the crankset thats messed up; whats the spindle size? Either 22 or 19mm diameter (fyi there is a new size 24mm which is exclusive to one crankset - the primo churchill, a hi end set). So your replacement will be a set that has the same spindle size. Choices are vast surrounding these two sizes, either 2 or 3 piece. Personally I'll suggest a 2 piece or 2.5, whatever the product co. calls them, as in Odsy Thunderbolt, an Eclat or so on. I prefer these because you have one side less trouble to worry about when it comes to dismantling or servicing.

If the existing bearings are messed up as well, you need to change those, hence you may choose to have a 19 or 22mm replacement, according to your brand or visual preference. Make sure the new bb set & the spindle size is the same! And be careful not to venture into cranks that are meant for mtb dirt jump bikes, if I'm not mistaken they have different spindle length. And honestly, mid bb bearing installation is a pain in the xxx, get a pro to do it unless you are willing to take that risk.

As per the brands & reliability, I suggest you chk youtube vids on those, pro riders made a bit of a comment here & there on their bike checks, and there are even some crankset specific vids.