Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

A Squirrel jumped on me

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

A Squirrel jumped on me

Old 08-12-20, 04:34 PM
ofajen
Cheerfully low end

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked 1,044 Times in 667 Posts
I’ve ridden right past small snakes on the trail each of the last two days. They like the warmth of the sun-warmed trail stone.

Otto
Old 08-12-20, 09:23 PM
WizardOfBoz
Generally bewildered

Bikes: 2014 Trek Domane 6.9, 1999 LeMond Zurich, 1978 Schwinn Superior

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 251 Posts
Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
I had a little dog on a MUP run right under my rear wheel once. Lifted me out of the saddle as I went over him. I don't what made more noise afterwards, the little dog or the screaming oriental lady walking it.
I used to run. Out in the country (about 6 mile round trip). Coming back one day, I see some kids playing with a little dog and it takes off to chase me. A car coming the other way. I threw up my hands but the driver decided to stop safely. Front tire went right over the puppy's head. Poor kids who were playing with the thing came over and were in shock. Kind of pissed me off: The kids had a puppy, and it wasn't on a leash or anything, and the owner of the property ... owned a FENCE company. You would have thought... Hmph.
Old 08-14-20, 03:48 PM
tubbywhiz

Bikes: 2021 Trek Marlin 6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Ive thought about carrying protection with me just incase.
Old 08-18-20, 12:43 PM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,012 Times in 518 Posts
I think it was a squirrel (or small bunny) ran into my front wheel yesterday. I've got a new GoPro that stabilizes the image, the video jumps a little, but I'll tell you the wheel turned more than the video indicates. You never see the critter in the clip, but you'll hear the bike bell ring and I mutter 'Jezzus'

This made me remember two other squirrel encounters:

Memorial ride that erupted in screams and laughs with a panicked squirrel:

And this one just riding home from dinner on the lake (oh, The Before Times ... when we'd go out for dinner, those were good times):