Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Trek 700 build

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Trek 700 build

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-20, 05:11 PM
Pars 

Bikes: '73 Raleigh RRA, 1986 Trek 500 commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Trek 700 build

On the heels of building the Gitane TDF for my son, one of his friends like riding with my two sons (and I sometimes) and decided he would like a bike. I advised him to buy an '86 Trek 700 from craigslist. It came complete with most of the original parts except for the wheels and RD (and probably bars and stem). I cleaned up all of the stock components and he cleaned and waxed the frame. We added a pair of Campy NR / Ambrosio clincher wheels, new chain, freewheel and cables, and he wanted to use Tektro brake levers instead of the Shimano 600s. I added a pair of tires my brother had given me but I had never used. Bars are still untaped... he would like to switch to an anatomic bar after feeling the Cinelli Eubios on my sons bike. He seems quite pleased with it. A pretty damn nice entry bike for him in my opinion.

Likes For Pars: