Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recreational & Family
Reload this Page >

How far/long can your kids ride?

Search
Notices
Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

How far/long can your kids ride?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-17, 10:58 AM
atbman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mel2012
This is a zombie thread that someone who is probably a bot resurrected. However, I have to say that while I love our Islabike Beinn 20, Islabike lost my business with their last two rounds of price hikes, which raised the price of Beinn 24 from $499 to $650 plus shipping. It's fine to do that when you dominate the market place, but the level of competition in the kids bike market has been raised dramatically in the last several years and Islabike isn't the only game in town anymore. For my son's 24" bike, we're looking at either the Woom 5 or Frog 62, both of which are $200 less expensive, have free shipping and are similar quality. Other contenders were the Prevelo Alpha 4 (doesn't have rack mounts) and the Guardian 24 (little too heavy). I'd probably even consider buying a Specialized Hotrock Street 24, despite the heavier weight and awful Revoshift shifters before buying a Beinn 24 fror $650.
A number of our parents have bought Frog brand bikes. They're pretty good, a bit cheaper and a little heavier. The design is very similar to Islabikes and the parents (and their wallets) are very pleased with them. The others, Trek apart, aren't sold in the UK so I can't comment
Old 09-02-17, 12:53 PM
gospodi
Banned

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My son is 10 years old, he drives no more than 2 hours a day
Old 09-07-17, 09:13 PM
CannedWalrus