Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Any experiences with the Challenge Strada Bianca TLR tire?

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-19, 08:00 AM
FlashBazbo
Chases Dogs for Sport

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 94 Posts

I'm curious about the Challenge Strada Bianca TLR tubeless tires. I'm thinking of mounting a set of 36mm as a fast-but-can-handle-any-road-crater-gravel-mess-I-come-across set of tires. Not for gravel racing, but for general exploration in the Smoky Mtns. Does anyone have experience with these tires? I've always liked the Challenge Gravel Grinder Race for gravel racing. How well do these perform?
Old 03-28-19, 01:13 PM
gravelED

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
I just ordered a set earlier this week. I plan to run these on a spare wheelset I have for my gravel bike for mostly road rides. The wheels have 22mm internal width so it will be interesting to see how big the TLRs grow to on these rims. I'll post an update once I get them, installed and ridden. I've ridden the Challenge Strada Bianca 30's and they rode very nice.

*update* Got these tires last night. These look and feel completely different than the 30c clinchers. Sidewalls and overall build looks a lot like the WTB tires. Hopefully I can get these mounted tonight so I can ride them this weekend..

Last edited by gravelED; 03-29-19 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-30-19, 10:09 PM
gravelslider

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
I LOVE my Challenge Strada Biancas. Reasonably durable and a great tire for a gravel bike that sees a lot of road miles and gravel that is not too deep or large. Fast, great handling, reasonably durable. Just avoid mud or wet grass... Excellent tire that seems to get lost in the constant influx of new tires in this category. I ride the 33s...
Old 04-01-19, 09:41 AM
gravelED

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Mounted up and put the Challenge Strada Bianca TLR tires through the test with a brutal 60 mile 7k mixed terrain ride to break them in. The ride included more than 15 miles of rocky, sandy dirt trails (some of SoCals toughest trails) Really impressed with these tires, they held up great. Did another 50 mile 4k mixed terrain ride on these and they did great. Only two rides on them so far, but from the initial rides I can say these look like they will be great for my needs. FWIW, these have grown to 39mm tubeless on my 22mm internal carbon wheels. I've been running them around 40 psi.

Last edited by gravelED; 04-12-19 at 04:53 PM.