Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!
View Poll Results: What do you use during Winter to stay in shape?
Zwift
65.52%
Rouvy
24.14%
Standard Trainer
3.45%
No Trainer. Fatbike outside or ski during winter.
6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Zwift or Rouvy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-20, 06:57 PM
dr_max

Bikes: BMC SLC01 Promachine with full DA grupo on Ksyrium ES/ BMC Roadmachine 01 One disc Ultegra with DT Swiss

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 37 Posts
Zwift or Rouvy?

Zwift
Rouvy
Standard Trainer
No trainer/ Fatbike outside during winter
Old 12-27-20, 07:17 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Liked 1,734 Times in 1,010 Posts
I like Rouvy as I just want to train and not race and that system worked better for me.

Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 12-27-20, 07:25 PM
wolfchild
Banned

Bikes: I have 3 singlespeed/fixed gear bikes

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked 2,488 Times in 1,286 Posts
I am not interested in indoor trainers or training apps, I ride outside....If I can't ride my outside then I find other forms of exercise and activities to maintain my fitness.
Likes For wolfchild:
Old 12-27-20, 07:43 PM
billridesbikes

Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 418 Times in 250 Posts
Zwift for any cycling. Totally inverted here in the winter with high particulate count and the roads coated with sand and sticky slippery magnesium chloride. Otherwise, it’s time for back country skiing.
Likes For billridesbikes:
Old 12-27-20, 08:16 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
No option for Trainerroad?
Old 12-27-20, 09:10 PM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
I use a Tacx Neo 2T and I use their app for the trainer software. It works really well for me.
Old 12-28-20, 07:52 AM
oldwinger14

Bikes: 2022 Pinarello Paris Di2, 2016 Orbea Avant Ultegra mounted on a Wahoo Kickr Core

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 75 Posts
Tried both Zwift and Rouvy. Liked the real-world videos of Rouvy much better than Zwift’s simulations, which I display on a TV. Been using Rouvy for 2 Winters, and as I learn more about using it, like it even more. I also have been happy with the responsiveness of their support staff. Despite some issues that remain not yet fixed, particularly on the Android version of the Rouvy AR app, there are easy workarounds. To bypass these issues, I have been running AR on a Windows-based laptop instead. It has been stable and I will most likely continue using that platform for the foreseeable future. I use Rouvy with my Wahoo Kickr Core smart trainer, which syncs my workouts to my accounts on Garmin Connect, Strava and RideWithGPS. For what I want, Rouvy works for me. Others may have needs/interests that are better served with Zwift. There is no right or wrong choice as both are popular and well done.

Last edited by oldwinger14; 12-28-20 at 08:10 AM.
Likes For oldwinger14:
Old 12-28-20, 08:07 AM
dr_max

Bikes: BMC SLC01 Promachine with full DA grupo on Ksyrium ES/ BMC Roadmachine 01 One disc Ultegra with DT Swiss

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by oldwinger14
Tried both Zwift and Rouvy. Liked the real-world videos of Rouvy much better than Zwift’s simulations. Been using Rouvy for 2 Winters, and as I learn more about using it, like it even more. I also have been happy with the responsiveness of their support staff. Despite some issues that remain not yet fixed, particularly on the Android version of the Rouvy AR app, there are easy workarounds. I have been running AR on a Windows-based laptop instead. It has been stable and I will most likely continue using that platform for the foreseeable future.
thanks for the info
just bought a windows based laptop and might end up connect it to my TV through it.
Unless there is an App for Rouvyon Roku TVs
Old 12-28-20, 08:37 AM
oldwinger14

Bikes: 2022 Pinarello Paris Di2, 2016 Orbea Avant Ultegra mounted on a Wahoo Kickr Core

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by dr_max
thanks for the info
just bought a windows based laptop and might end up connect it to my TV through it.
Unless there is an App for Rouvyon Roku TVs
I use a cable that has a USB C male connector at one end that I plug into my laptop. The other end of the cable has an HDMI male connector which plugs directly into the 2nd HDMI port on my TV. I just select on my TV to use the second HDMI port to get my laptop picture projected onto the TV screen. Very clean, simple and inexpensive interface.
Old 12-28-20, 06:18 PM
Ed Wiser

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
There is an app for Rouvy and Zwift on the AppleTV Roku is a streaming box not made for app’s like these with Bluttooh connections.
I use Rouvy for the real world riding and Zwift for social rides. You need a smart trainer to get the full value out of the any cycling app
Old 12-28-20, 07:05 PM
gene99

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts
once you Zwift you won't shift.
Old 12-28-20, 07:09 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by gene99
once you Zwift you won't shift.
You will if you have a dumb trainer and you're doing workouts with wattage and cadence targets.
Old 12-28-20, 07:14 PM
gene99

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts
You will if you have a dumb trainer and you're doing workouts with wattage and cadence targets.
i'll have you know, sir, that my trainer graduated from Wahoo University. *** laude.
Likes For gene99: