Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

FX4 vs Sirrus X4

Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

FX4 vs Sirrus X4

Old 03-23-21, 10:29 PM
brucedelta

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
FX4 vs Sirrus X4

I am looking at similar bikes and at this point mainly considering the Trek FX4 Disc or the Sirrus X4 as these both have the 1x11 gearing which I find attractive. At 59 I have not ridden a bike in years and was never a serious rider, I got a Peloton last year and now that I feel good riding and can do 90 min rides with decent output I want to go outdoors, so I am looking for a bike. In the 90's I had a Cannondale H300 and I hated the 3 gear front setup as I recall always having a hard time getting into low gear when I was on a hill. I still have access to the Cannondale and rode it recently and the same issue occurred. I am sure at my level of riding reclaiming the old H300 would be good enough for my skill set, but I want a shiny new bike and have a good home to happily keep the old H300 at.
My question is if there is any reason to stay away from the 1x11 gearing on these bikes. Any recommendations as to one or the other. I am a big guy at 6'2" and with my recent diet and working out I have gotten below 300# and hope to be at 250 by the end of the year, so I am mainly looking to ride for fitness. Are either of these brands problematic for big guys. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 03-24-21, 04:55 AM
waxcrazy

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Both sweet bikes...They are on my list of indecision also..Lol..Have you looked at the Sirrus 4...the non x one?...has the option of more gears for consideration....Good luck...This is a good tread I plan to follow because I can't decide either and we seem to be on the same level for decisions.
Old 03-24-21, 08:06 PM
brucedelta

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by waxcrazy
Both sweet bikes...They are on my list of indecision also..Lol..Have you looked at the Sirrus 4...the non x one?...has the option of more gears for consideration....Good luck...This is a good tread I plan to follow because I can't decide either and we seem to be on the same level for decisions.
I did not really consider the Sirrus 4 because I like the idea of a 1x gearing system. I am leaning to the FX4 since it seems very similar to the X4 at a savings of about $400.I want to fell the fit of each to see what is comfortable.
Old 03-25-21, 05:14 AM
waxcrazy

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
I hear you...I would love to be able to try them but my area is dry...Just found out about a x5 locally but need to commit sight unseen...more than I planned on spending but could have it for the riding season soon...So confused since most of my riding will be roads...the bike saga continues...lol
Old 03-26-21, 09:33 AM
LazyMike

Bikes: 2006 Cannondale Synapse, 2019 Specialized Sirrus Sport

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
I'm looking at the Trek FX Carbon 4 or Specialized Sirrus X 5.0, I test rode the Trek and rode my nephew's Sirrus. The Trek is best suited to a paved surface, the Specialized can also do light off road. Since I already have a road bike, the Sirrus is a better choice for me, I thought it was more comfortable too and immediately felt like home.
Problem: Good luck trying to find one.