Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

I can get my hands on Specialized Sirrus x5.... But....

Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Old 03-25-21, 05:07 AM
waxcrazy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

I have a few questions...It's much more than I wanted to spend ...but it sure does look sweet....and I have to pay in advance. Never having sat on one...I originally was leaning towards the regular Sirrus 4 but doesn't look good in my area so I need to jump soon to commit..My primary use will be road rides and fitness..my back can't do road bikes anymore...I can see myself doing 50 to 75 mile rides down the road once I knock the dust and rust off this old but stubborn body..lol...Am I asking to much out of the x to do this on occasion or am I better off with the regular Sirrus...This bike likes awfully nice and I could land it soon..Think I may even have my wife's blessings on it...Just afraid of buyers remorse because it may be too mountain bikeish.....HELP!!! Lol
Thanks all
Old 03-26-21, 03:19 PM
LazyMike

Bikes: 2006 Cannondale Synapse, 2019 Specialized Sirrus Sport

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by waxcrazy
I have a few questions...It's much more than I wanted to spend ...but it sure does look sweet....and I have to pay in advance. Never having sat on one...I originally was leaning towards the regular Sirrus 4 but doesn't look good in my area so I need to jump soon to commit..My primary use will be road rides and fitness..my back can't do road bikes anymore...I can see myself doing 50 to 75 mile rides down the road once I knock the dust and rust off this old but stubborn body..lol...Am I asking to much out of the x to do this on occasion or am I better off with the regular Sirrus...This bike likes awfully nice and I could land it soon..Think I may even have my wife's blessings on it...Just afraid of buyers remorse because it may be too mountain bikeish.....HELP!!! Lol
Thanks all
My nephew has a Sirrus x 5.0, I want one and would use it mostly for paved roads and some crushed limestone riding. I'm 67 and found my nephews bike very comfortable. Remember there is the option to put a 32 tire on it too.
Old 03-26-21, 08:00 PM
brucedelta

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by waxcrazy
Thanks all
why would you think the X is not suitable for a 75 mile ride while the regular would be? I find the 1x gearing of the X models to be appealing and I am wondering if that limits the bike in some unexpected way.
Old 03-28-21, 12:12 PM
Speedway2

Bikes: United Motocross BMX, Specialized Langster, Giant OCR, Marin Muirwoods, Globe Roll2, VROD:)

Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked 400 Times in 242 Posts
That's a nice looking bike....get it!
My buddy bought a Devinci Hex 1x as his All Purpose bike and loves it.

Why the underline....
Old 03-30-21, 06:10 AM
waxcrazy

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
That's a good question...lol...no idea how I crafted up the underlined*******MH.. I did put a deposit on that bike Saturday so I could finally sleep again 😴