Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

How good is Romet Aspre?(Newbie asking for opinion)

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-19, 12:07 PM
D34THNOTE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello again!

Today I came here to ask you guys for an opinion just to know where I'm at in terms of equipment quality

I'd love to provide link to Romet Aspre's specifications but I'm too new for this I believe so if you want to help me you'll have to look it up yourself, sorry :/

So the question is pretty simple, I know there are different driving gears or whatever they're called like Shimano 105, if I understand correctly Aspre has Shimano Claris , but I just don't know any of these names so I have no idea what I'm looking at, I mainly wanted to know how good is this bike compared to some known mid range road/gravel bikes. Its price in dollars is about $740

It's pretty important to me because I think it's worth knowing whether I'm using something which is pretty good as a bike or is it just fine for a beginner but pretty weak compared to other, probably bit more expensive bikes
Old 06-16-19, 01:53 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 181 Posts
To answer your first question, Claris is the very lowest on the Shimano road bike component list. https://www.evanscycles.com/coffeest...-the-hierarchy The Romet website is in Polish but Google does a fair job of translating the information. https://translate.google.com/transla...ml&prev=search

One thing that stands out is the 10.2 kg bike weight. That converts to 22.4 pounds on the English scale. Not bad at all.
Old 06-16-19, 03:51 PM
D34THNOTE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasTriker
To answer your first question, Claris is the very lowest on the Shimano road bike component list. *removed link 1* The Romet website is in Polish but Google does a fair job of translating the information. *removed link 2*
One thing that stands out is the 10.2 kg bike weight. That converts to 22.4 pounds on the English scale. Not bad at all.
So it's kinda meh but not bad?
Old 06-16-19, 06:48 PM
Wileyrat

Bikes: 2015 Ridley Fenix, 1983 Team Fuji, 2019 Marin Nail Trail 6

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked 228 Times in 138 Posts
Originally Posted by D34THNOTE
So it's kinda meh but not bad?
It would serve most of the riders out there well for as long as it stays mechanically sound.

If you're looking for a higher end bike down the road, you could upgrade the drivetrain to Tiagra or maybe even 105, or just buy another bike.