Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Need help finding out about a bike

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-19, 10:33 PM
nunyhx

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was given a mountain bike but I can't find anything about it online. the brand is KENT there's another sticker that says "Escapade" I assume that's the model, it's 21 speed has front suspension, alluminum body and Shimano gears, would anyone know anything about the bike or anywhere that has any information, I've checked KENT website but nothing
Old 07-21-19, 06:02 AM
JonathanGennick 

Bikes: Priority 600, Priority Continuum, Devinci Dexter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by nunyhx
I was given a mountain bike but I can't find anything about it online. the brand is KENT there's another sticker that says "Escapade" I assume that's the model, it's 21 speed has front suspension, alluminum body and Shimano gears, would anyone know anything about the bike or anywhere that has any information, I've checked KENT website but nothing
What else would you like to know about it? The nice thing about bikes is that the parts are for the most parts exposed and are easy to see. I did search and couldn't find the bike either. I did notice though, that Kent has an email address on their website. You might try emailing them if you have specific questions about the bike.
Old 07-21-19, 09:17 AM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 228 Times in 180 Posts
It's hardly an unknown brand if Wikipedia is correct. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_International It's been around for more than a century.

"Kent markets the following products generally through large chain-stores and internet marketers:" and then it lists a bunch of brand names taken from non-bicycle sources (Jeep, Cadillac, GMC) so if you see a bike with the Jeep name on it the manufacturer was Kent. From the looks of it the bikes are low end models with useless front suspension added to entice the buyer. I wouldn't spend a lot of money on it considering you can buy a brand new one from Big5 in our area for $110. When you see a brand sold at Walmart and Target, it is not an indication of a fine quality bicycle. If it works OK as is, ride it and enjoy it. Just don't spend a bundle on upgrades or major repairs.
Old 07-21-19, 09:37 AM
WizardOfBoz
Generally bewildered

Bikes: 2014 Trek Domane 6.9, 1999 LeMond Zurich, 1978 Schwinn Superior

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 251 Posts
If the bike is rideable, great. But as VegasTriker points out, Kent markets what (we) bike snobs* like to call BSOs. As in Bicycle Shaped Object. In general, these are so cheaply made that keeping them in running shape costs more than just buying a new one, and they are unreliable.

Yours could be different, but these are in the 125 dollar price point range. On Amazon: