Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Full coverage fenders for Wolverine with 650BX46 ETs

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-19, 12:41 AM
E56789

Bikes: SOMA Wolverine

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 6 Posts

Just had a Wolverine built with Surly Extraterrestrial 650B x 46 tires. After watching it sit in the garage for the last 3 weeks because of the weather, I have decided that fenders are in order.
Thinking about Full Metal Fenders in the 55mm size from Portland Design. Looking for support or suggestions.
Old 01-02-20, 12:35 PM
5teve

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 29 Posts
Well, that's about the size you'd want-the rule of thumb is to get fenders a centimeter wider than your tire. (give or take a mm) The Portland fenders are ok, a little heavy and fiddly to set up but solid and decent looking.
Old 01-02-20, 03:04 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
if the snow is dry & / or granular, you probably can get by w/o fenders. it's that wet slop (or rain of course) that goes everywhere. good luck with your fenders, tho! don't rush the job, take your time. if you hit any snags, take a break. you might need extra parts. I've never gotten a set of fenders that were a snap to put on, or that came w/ everything I needed
Likes For rumrunn6: