Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Flytalk17

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-23, 10:31 PM
Flytalk17
Retired and Free

Bikes: Bianchi Special

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Flytalk17

The rear Derailleur is a Suntour ARX, DeOre front de railleur. Brakes. Decompe. O22 decals on fork and seat stem tube. I have pictures not sure where I can post yet. My friend in Spokane states it appears to be in pretty good shape. I was a bit disappointed with the clean up the bike shop did. They charged me $587 for brake and wires. New chain, seat and tires. I dont know if they greased the crank. I working on removing the small amounts of rust. I retired so just getting into biking.
Old 03-11-23, 12:14 AM
Mackers

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 141 Posts

Ishiwata 022 is more than decent tubing.
If it fits (looks like at most a size 54 to me) an excellent introduction to the hobby.

While admittedly I have no idea of the going rate in Dallas bike shops, or any bike shop at all for that matter, I think that you overpaid for the work they did.

Regardless, I wish you many happy hours in the saddle.
Old 03-11-23, 03:14 AM
machinist42
mycocyclist

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Paramount P-13 DeLuxe, 1964 Schwinn Sport Super Sport, 1972 Falcon San Remo, 1974 Maserati MT-1, 1974 Raleigh International, 1984 Lotus Odyssey, 198? Rossin Ghibli, 1990 LeMond Le Vanquer (sic), 1991 Specialized Allez Transition Pro, +

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 822 Times in 453 Posts
Kon'nichiwa, Ciao

Originally Posted by Flytalk17
...I have pictures not sure where I can post yet....g.
Congratulations, you already have an Album to which you can post photos, as @Mackers has already discovered,

And you are the owner of what appears to be a Japanese built Bianchi from the '80s.

Old 03-11-23, 09:55 AM
branko_76 

Bikes: ........................................ .....Holdsworth "Special"..... .......Falcon "Special".......... .........Miyata 912........... ........................................

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 702 Post(s)
Liked 672 Times in 420 Posts
It looks like a nice bike.

Not sure what your question is since you have already had a shop fix it for you