Search
Notices
Pills and Ills This is a discussion subforum for the health challenges faced by riders 50+. These discussions are in no way to be considered professional medical advice.

Uacr ratio 6097?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-23, 01:12 PM
gobicycling
Made it to 84 WHOOPIE

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 493 Times in 153 Posts
Uacr ratio 6097?

My wife got a test result yesterday showing the ratio of urine albumin creatinine to be 6097. I was blown away, did as much research as I could, and found references only as high as 350. Nowhere in the NIH or other articles did I find anything approaching 1,000 or more. We have requested a retest which will happen tomorrow. I think or hope there has to be a flaw in the test that she took. She has a referral and appointment with a nephrologist. We will keep this appointment unless these numbers go way down. She is approaching 86, and this summer, for the first time, she has not bicycled due to medical stuff. I'm paying a lot of attention to her greatly increased needs, which has reduced my ridiñg markedly. Any input?

Last edited by gobicycling; 08-24-23 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-24-23, 02:01 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,811 Times in 3,319 Posts
I'd just be concerned enough to make certain that both her and you see a doctor and listen to what he or she has to say about it.

I've had some test results come back and they use a different scale than what the internet sometimes tells me. That too got me all concerned until the doctor pointed it out to me.