Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

J & G Cyclewear?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-17, 05:17 PM
philbob57

Bikes: frankenbike based on MKM frame

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 728 Post(s)
Liked 625 Times in 384 Posts
J & G Cyclewear?

Has anyone here used these - Touring Shorts from People Who Really Know Bike Shorts! - or these - Lycra Shorts from People Who Really Know Bike Shorts!

If so, how do they fit? How big (length, width) is the pad? How long do they last? Overall, how do you like them?

I've got 2 different pairs of ATD shorts (on of their $20/25 model and the $40 model with the black and beige pad). The pad of the cheapest pair hit me just along the 'groove' of my groin. The $40 model's pad has stitching that chafes for some reason.

5' 6.5" tall, 46"-47" waist, on a budget. Assos is not a solution for me.

Thanks.

Last edited by philbob57; 04-24-17 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-25-17, 05:31 PM
kevlar_heart 
Helpless Bike Fiend

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Roubaix SL4 Sport 105, 2021 Felt Broam 30 GRX810, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Sport 105

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by philbob57
Has anyone here used these - Touring Shorts from People Who Really Know Bike Shorts! - or these - Lycra Shorts from People Who Really Know Bike Shorts!

If so, how do they fit? How big (length, width) is the pad? How long do they last? Overall, how do you like them?

I've got 2 different pairs of ATD shorts (on of their $20/25 model and the $40 model with the black and beige pad). The pad of the cheapest pair hit me just along the 'groove' of my groin. The $40 model's pad has stitching that chafes for some reason.

5' 6.5" tall, 46"-47" waist, on a budget. Assos is not a solution for me.

Thanks.
I have the lycra shorts and the wind jacket. Both are quality garments -- check out the wind jacket...it's really a "must have." I have heard, but don't know for a fact, that the rainwear is also excellent -- way lower in cost than you'll find elsewhere. Company makes sizes up to 5X for some of its line.
Old 04-26-17, 09:28 PM
Sonoma_Mike

Bikes: 2016 Specialized Sirrus Elite Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm going to try these guys. Looks like no 3X shortsleeve jerseys right now though...
Old 04-26-17, 11:02 PM
kevlar_heart 
Helpless Bike Fiend

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Roubaix SL4 Sport 105, 2021 Felt Broam 30 GRX810, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Sport 105

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonoma_Mike
I'm going to try these guys. Looks like no 3X shortsleeve jerseys right now though...
I may be wrong about this, but when I asked when they would be getting red jerseys back they said "never." Maybe they are out of the jersey biz. I would drop them a message
Old 04-27-17, 07:33 PM
MAK

Bikes: Yes, I have bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 65 Posts
I have the touring shorts. Quality is excellent but the pad is very minimal. No where close to most Lycra shorts pad. I also have their "Yellow Jacket" wind jacket which is also excellent.
Old 05-01-17, 05:08 PM
Sonoma_Mike

Bikes: 2016 Specialized Sirrus Elite Disc

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sonoma_Mike
I got a very short email stating the jersey had been discontinued. No further info...
Old 05-02-17, 01:18 PM
NoGears

Bikes: Kona Big Unit Single Speed, Kona Private Jake Single Speed, Jamis Renegade Elite

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For shorts...IMO...you are better off getting a good pair of bibs and then wearing them alone or if you want shorts...the sky's the limit. You can wear anything you want over top of the bibs. I do both as my mood strikes me. I'll never ride in anything other than bibs since making the switch several years ago.