Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

NOS Shimano derailer

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-18, 12:42 PM
long john

Bikes: cuevas

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
NOS Shimano derailer

Nos
Brand new in box never used
Old 10-03-18, 07:56 PM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Quoted: 2152 Post(s)
Liked 3,401 Times in 1,203 Posts
Depending on the actual model, on eBay, between $35-65 shipped.

Said the guy who's actually purchased new, never used Deore RD's on said site several times in the past three years.
Old 10-05-18, 06:07 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
Great performer, one of my favorites. Sadly, the old Deerhead version which did not perform as well is worth a lot more. Make great kit for a touring bike.

NOS on Ebay sold listings should show you a good price range. Buy it now, immediate payment required.

Myself, I always buy the used version as NOS commands a premium. The moment I mount it on a bike, its no longer NOS. But I love FINDING NOS parts, that I will always sell. One NOS find can bring the $$ that I can use to buy 5 lightly used copies.

Someone is ASKING $145 for one right now. We'll have to see if they get it. There are completed sales from $75 to $150. Long cage have gone even higher. Some silly prices out there! Great way to replenish bike fund. Meanwhile, you can buy a complete vintage mountain bike, with that group, lightly used for $100 to $150 around here. Kind of shows the divergence between parts and complete bikes.

Last edited by wrk101; 10-05-18 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-07-18, 05:09 AM
long john

Bikes: cuevas

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by wrk101
Great performer, one of my favorites. Sadly, the old Deerhead version which did not perform as well is worth a lot more. Make great kit for a touring bike.

NOS on Ebay sold listings should show you a good price range. Buy it now, immediate payment required.

Myself, I always buy the used version as NOS commands a premium. The moment I mount it on a bike, its no longer NOS. But I love FINDING NOS parts, that I will always sell. One NOS find can bring the $$ that I can use to buy 5 lightly used copies.

Someone is ASKING $145 for one right now. We'll have to see if they get it. There are completed sales from $75 to $150. Long cage have gone even higher. Some silly prices out there! Great way to replenish bike fund. Meanwhile, you can buy a complete vintage mountain bike, with that group, lightly used for $100 to $150 around here. Kind of shows the divergence between parts and complete bikes.
thanks I have two. I want to use one but needed the long cage.