Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Anyone familiar with this riding apparel website?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-14, 09:25 PM
EastTNrider

Bikes: 2012 Wilier Izoard XP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Seems like knockoff stuff considering the price. Still good enough to purchase?

Cycling Jerseys | Trek | RadioShack | LiveStrong | Specialized | Rock Racing | Saxo Bank | Shimano
Old 11-02-14, 09:39 PM
Bunyanderman

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, with prices like that, I would think it is worth a try.
Old 11-02-14, 09:41 PM
EastTNrider

Bikes: 2012 Wilier Izoard XP

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bunyanderman
Wow, with prices like that, I would think it is worth a try.
That's kinda what I was thinking!
Old 11-02-14, 09:50 PM
raisinberry777

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
It's just the same fake Chinese stuff that's sold everywhere else.

I prefer bicycling-monton.com - it's cheaper (for what is probably the same item) and I've had good service speaking to their online chat representative. You could try your luck on Aliexpress too.
Old 11-02-14, 09:54 PM
Bunyanderman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Some one should buy the same jersey that they already own, and compare the two.
Old 11-02-14, 10:48 PM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,180 Times in 1,470 Posts
It's illegal counterfeiting of well known products. The stuff is probably junk but buying it just reinforces the habit. If they resort to illegal selling what's to keep them from keeping your money and sniping nothing? You also have no idea whe they are really located too.
Old 11-02-14, 10:59 PM
Bunyanderman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StanSeven
It's illegal counterfeiting of well known products. The stuff is probably junk but buying it just reinforces the habit. If they resort to illegal selling what's to keep them from keeping your money and sniping nothing? You also have no idea whe they are really located too.
That's not always true, China turns out so many "replicas" of different products, because patents don't always apply to them. I believe a U.S patent is not affect in china.
Old 11-02-14, 11:58 PM
rms13

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
There are dozens of Chinese eBay sellers with the same exact stuff. I've got a couple of kits for $40 and they are good but the bib shorts start falling apart after 6 months of heavy use so probably better off buying a $100 pair of shorts in the long run
Old 11-03-14, 02:29 AM
milkbaby
blah blah blah

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would do the eBay route to have an extra layer of protection. I am hesitant to give any Chinese company any credit card or bank info, so using PayPal on eBay helps avoid that.

You can find Xintown brand stuff on eBay. I haven't used that brand but bought a Chinese jersey from a brand called Paladin that I was happy with for $20 -- I liked the funky graphics and figured $20 wasn't a lot to risk. Very basic but works OK. Not sure I would trust their chamois, so I don't risk buying Chinese cycling bibs/shorts.
Old 11-03-14, 03:52 AM
mox

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StanSeven
If you're worried about them taking your money and not shipping the product, buy from Ali Express. Your payment is held in escrow until you confirm your receipt of the order. If you don't get it by the promised delivery date, you get your money back.

And of course, it's inexpensive so it must be "probably junk". Don't get me wrong, I don't expect a $20 jersey to be as good as one costing $100. But just because it isn't as good doesn't mean it isn't good enough for someone with a tight budget.
Old 11-03-14, 04:03 AM
chewa
The Flying Scot

Bikes: Custom (Colin Laing) 531c fast tourer/audax, 1964 Flying Scot Continental, 1995 Cinelli Supercorsa, Holdsworth Mistral single speed, Dahon Speed 6 (folder), Micmo Sirocco and a few more

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I (unfortunately) bought some from ebay. They look ok, but the cut of the jerseys is not as nice as the real stuff, and the bibshort leg length is way too short (at least a couple of inches) even given correct fit elsewhere.

I won't buy anymore.

1985 Sandy Gilchrist-Colin Laing built 531c Audax/fast tourer.
1964 Flying Scot Continental (531)
1995 Cinelli Supercorsa (Columbus SLX)
1980s Holdsworth Mistral fixed (531)
2005 Dahon Speed 6 (folder)
(YES I LIKE STEEL)
2008 Viking Saratoga tandem
2008 Micmo Sirocco Hybrid (aluminium!)
2012 BTwin Rockrider 8.1
Old 11-03-14, 05:34 AM
kbarch

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1096 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
No. Forget whether they are serviceable or not; if one wants to save money, there's plenty of serviceable, straightforward kit out there to be had for reasonable prices. No need to pay extra for high-end brands and team graphics, or to forego integrity and deal with counterfeiters and other such thieves just to save a few dollars.
Old 11-03-14, 10:08 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18428 Post(s)
Liked 15,582 Times in 7,337 Posts
That's not always true, China turns out so many "replicas" of different products, because patents don't always apply to them. I believe a U.S patent is not affect in china.
Except this is not about patents but rather trademarks and/or copyrights. If they are not licensed and being sold in the U.S. they are "knockoffs."
Old 11-03-14, 11:26 AM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,180 Times in 1,470 Posts
Another post already mentioned this is about trademarks or copyrights rather than patents. But the point is this is unethical behavior - they are taking another companies intellectual property and copying it helping buyers are believing it is the real thing. I get disgusted thinking people think it's okay to buy from sources like this.
Old 11-03-14, 04:50 PM
rms13

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kbarch
No. Forget whether they are serviceable or not; if one wants to save money, there's plenty of serviceable, straightforward kit out there to be had for reasonable prices. No need to pay extra for high-end brands and team graphics, or to forego integrity and deal with counterfeiters and other such thieves just to save a few dollars.
Examples please. I do need to replace my Chinese bibs soon. Paid $20 for mine. Fit is fine, chamois is plenty comfortable. All around good deal for about $20 shipped, only issue I have is after using then 3-4 days per week they are starting to fall apart after 6 months.

Looking now, the best I can find are rei novara brand at outlet for $33 which I have to pay 9% sales tax on. Other house brands from performance or nashbar etc run $40-60 on the low end plus tax and shipping in some cases. I'd love something that was twice as good quality as my cheap ones for twice the price which would be $40 with tax and shipping but doesn't exist
Old 11-03-14, 06:55 PM
kbarch

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rms13
Examples please. I do need to replace my Chinese bibs soon. Paid $20 for mine. Fit is fine, chamois is plenty comfortable. All around good deal for about $20 shipped, only issue I have is after using then 3-4 days per week they are starting to fall apart after 6 months.

Looking now, the best I can find are rei novara brand at outlet for $33 which I have to pay 9% sales tax on. Other house brands from performance or nashbar etc run $40-60 on the low end plus tax and shipping in some cases. I'd love something that was twice as good quality as my cheap ones for twice the price which would be $40 with tax and shipping but doesn't exist
Examples? It sounds like you've found what I had in mind, and if you've found a source for generic kit for for less than $30 and that's all they have for such low prices, I doubt you could do better. But if they deal in obvious counterfeit stuff, I wouldn't be too sure of their scrupulousness in providing other things. The bibs on the site in question are $28 knock-offs of team kit/higher end/popular branded apparel and essentially stolen property.
Old 11-03-14, 07:35 PM
rms13

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kbarch
Examples? It sounds like you've found what I had in mind, and if you've found a source for generic kit for for less than $30 and that's all they have for such low prices, I doubt you could do better. But if they deal in obvious counterfeit stuff, I wouldn't be too sure of their scrupulousness in providing other things. The bibs on the site in question are $28 knock-offs of team kit/higher end/popular branded apparel and essentially stolen property.
Just wanted to know if there were any other unbranded/off brand stuff of decent quality that I was missing. Ebay is full of unbranded stuff but I doubt quality is better than what I have. The kits I got were about $40 for bibs + jersey. They are knock offs but honestly I would rather have unbranded solid color stuff than be a riding billboard
Old 11-03-14, 09:39 PM
milkbaby
blah blah blah

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://www.zimcoimport.com/ <-- $47 plus shipping for jersey and bibs, fairly inexpensive. Not sure of quality, but I doubt they are any worse than generic Chinese kit.
Old 11-04-14, 07:14 AM
kbarch

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by milkbaby
https://www.zimcoimport.com/ <-- $47 plus shipping for jersey and bibs, fairly inexpensive. Not sure of quality, but I doubt they are any worse than generic Chinese kit.
That looks like a real good deal. Funny how their initial graphics show folks wearing Trek, C-dale and Shimano branded apparel, but all the products they sell are their own label, and fairly straightforward stuff, not copies of anything else. If the fabrics they use are indeed Coolmax, SuperRoubaix, etc, the stuff can't be all bad. Evidently they are based out of the Bronx. If their factory is there, I'll definitely have to try some (Buy 'Murican!). I doubt it though, since they are "imports." But I may try them anyhow.
Old 11-04-14, 07:56 AM
jerrycan42

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm thinking about getting some of these...They seem so cheap they couldn't possibly be good?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/search/ref=s...32&lo=sporting