Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Charity Events
Reload this Page >

Year 4: 2017 Cycle for the Cause ride to benefit the NYC LGBT Center's programs

Search
Notices
Charity Events Whether you're looking for riders, sponsors, or volunteers, this is the place to tell the world that cyclists can make a difference.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-18, 10:03 AM
punkinevil

Bikes: 1978 Schwinn Continental, 1970 Schwinn Paramount P-13, 1977 Schwinn Superior, 1973 Schwinn Sports Tourer, 1977 Schwinn LeTour II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

Hello Everyone!

I'm doing it again this year. Yes, this is mostly the same text from last year's ride, but the need is still there.

Since it was such a great experience for last three years, I am riding from Boston to NYC in the NYC LGBT Center's annual ride again this September.

Once again, I will be doing the whole thing on Lorelei, my 1977 flamingo Superior, so that classic Schwinns get represented. If you want to join me in this endeavor on your own Schwinn, we can form a team. I'm happy to offer information if you would like to register as a rider or as crew. The ride is reaching capacity, but registration should be open until the middle or end of June.

This charity ride raises funds for the Center's HIV programs, which includes prevention education and assistance for people living with HIV and AIDS. I (and many, many others) would be very grateful for any donations. Also, if you work for a business that makes such contributions I would also appreciate corporate contributions, so feel free to pass this information along.

My donation page is: https://support.cycleforthecause.org/peterpedals

The main page for the ride is: https://cycleforthecause.org/

An overview of the programs supported is available at https://gaycenter.org/wellness/hiv-aids. If you are interested and have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

You can also read about my experience last year here: Peter's Cycle for the Cause 2017

Thanks so much!

The ride doesn't scare me, but the fundraising part sure does!

Old 07-17-18, 02:16 PM
punkinevil

Bikes: 1978 Schwinn Continental, 1970 Schwinn Paramount P-13, 1977 Schwinn Superior, 1973 Schwinn Sports Tourer, 1977 Schwinn LeTour II

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
I'm bumping this up because Northwell Health has offered to match every dollar raised through midnight on Sunday, July 22.
If you're think about donating, now is a great time to double your impact, even if you don't work somewhere that does matching gifts.
Old 08-20-18, 09:23 AM
punkinevil

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
'm bumping this up again because MassMutual has offered to match every dollar raised through 5pm on Wednesday, August 22.

The ride is coming up quick. I had up to Boston one month from today for it.

If you're think about donating, now is a great time to double your impact, even if you don't work somewhere that does matching gifts.
Old 09-06-18, 01:05 PM
punkinevil

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Time moving fast

Holy Crap! (I seem to keep saying that) Two weeks from today I will be heading up to Boston to ride 275 miles back down to NYC along with hundreds of other Cycle for the Cause participants. We have all come together to raise money to support The Center's HIV/AIDS action programs. These programs provide HIV testing, prevention education and services, and counseling and referral services to all those who need them.There is still time to donate to show your support. Any amount, no mater how small, will go a long way to help us stop this epidemic. (If I raise another $2,000 you will get to see me wear a snazzy special jersey, and I know you love to see me in new clothes.)