Search
Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Pristiwani Cycle Store - Legit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-20, 06:16 PM
TruthWriter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pristiwani Cycles Store use fake store pic

I try to make a purchase but they ask for cash. Then I find a Paypal checkout button and I try to buy through there and says: We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please go back to merchant and try using a different payment method. I send an email to PayPal but in the mean time I check their page and I foun this. They are using supposed photos of the store but I found that those pics are from a japanesse store.

10.29.2021 MODERATOR EDIT - They are not a legitimate store.

Last edited by cb400bill; 10-29-21 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-01-20, 06:21 PM
TruthWriter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I try to make a purchase but they ask for cash. Then I find a Paypal checkout button and I try to buy through there and says: We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please go back to merchant and try using a different payment method. I send an email to PayPal but in the mean time I check their page and I found this. They are using supposed photos of the store but I found that those pics are from a Japanese store.
Old 11-01-20, 06:22 PM
TruthWriter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the pictures and the links but this forum doesn't allow me to post them until I make 10 post.
Old 03-03-21, 11:32 AM
djjnr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dont know about Pristiwani

Originally Posted by MrAwesome
Interesting. I'm slightly tempted, but also cautious...
I dont know whether Pristiwani is legitimate, however, i have successfully purchased a Salsa Timberjack SLX from Aventuron.com. The $1600 bicycle was about $400 cheaper, and i think that is because they sell items that were not selling quick enough for the retail bike sellers. I settled for a Pink bicycle. Hey... maybe it wont get stolen. I think there is a possibility the Pristiwani is legitimate. It looks like Pristiwani is from Jakarta, Indonesia. I lived on the island of Java, Indonesia (same island as Jakarta) for a couple months. In general they are a very kind people. However, there can always be bad apples. I still dont know if i will risk the purchase.
Old 06-12-21, 05:02 AM
adriancox

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pristiwani Cycles took my payment but did not reply

Originally Posted by MrAwesome
I could not find anything online about this store except their own website. The website looks pretty legit; it looks professional, high quality and up to date. The prices for a bike I was looking at purchasing is about $500 less on their store than anywhere else I could find. They appear to be somewhere on the eastern hemisphere, so that could be why, but they have a currency drop-down that includes USD, so I assume they do business with people in the US, or at least are prepared to.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this online seller.
Two days ago I blindly ordered a Specialized E-Bike, surprised to find it for sale and could deliver to Japan- also delighted to see the price cheaper than on other sites. I paid over $4k yet two days later the order status says "unfulfilled". I emailed the company three times with two email addresses and called them many many times on two different numbers. No response, no pick-up.

I have opened a dispute with paypal to have my money returned. Meanwhile, if anyone has any online e-bike retailers to recommend, I'm all ears. Do not shop with Pristiwani Cycles of Jakarta Indonesia!
Old 06-29-21, 12:07 PM
Kale2000

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Pristiwani scam

Originally Posted by 2_i
So by accident you were interested in exactly the same store out of the myriad in the world and your brother-in-law by another accident was brought to the vicinity of that store. What are the chances of that?? Sounds like the question whether the operation is fraudulent is pretty firmly answered
ALSO, LOOK AT THE DATE HE JOINED.... i DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THIS SITE YET SO IM POST AS A REPLY TO SOMEONE.... HOPE EBERYONE CAN SEE THIS. WE ALL WANT THIS TO BE LIGIT BECAUSE OF THERE PRICES.......... HELL, I WANT 3 BIKES FOR ME, AND MY KIDS...... ITS JUST NOT GONNA HAPPEN...... IT STARTS WITH THE PRICES, THE FACT NOBODY CAN PAY BY PAYPAL(INCLUDING ME) THAT HAS TRIED...... CASH ONLY BANK DEPOSIT..????... YOUR MONEY WILL BE GONE..... THE STORE IS PHOTO SHOPPED, THE GUY(ERRY) POST HE LIVES THERE AND THE ADDRESS IS BOGUS, AND IM CALLING DEALERS IN USA AND ALL BIKES ARE BACK ORDERED IN ALL SIZES. YOU CANT GET A NORMAL BIKE.. UNLESS YOU WANT TO PAY $5000-$12,000 FOR HIGHEND BIKES........................ USER ERRY SAYS.....I've been living in jakarta for 35 years, there is no pristiwani cycle store at the written address WHAT ELSE DO WE NEED TO KNOW? ITS 100% SCAM........... PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOWS OF LIGIT DISCOUNT BIKE SHOP POST IT!! IM ALL IN..... 3 BIKES..................... PLEASE SHARE WITH ALL OF US........ THANKSLast edited by erry; 08-07-20 at 02:49 AM.
Old 06-29-21, 12:08 PM
Kale2000

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ALSO, LOOK AT THE DATE HE JOINED.... i DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THIS SITE YET SO IM POST AS A REPLY TO SOMEONE.... HOPE EBERYONE CAN SEE THIS. WE ALL WANT THIS TO BE LIGIT BECAUSE OF THERE PRICES.......... HELL, I WANT 3 BIKES FOR ME, AND MY KIDS...... ITS JUST NOT GONNA HAPPEN...... IT STARTS WITH THE PRICES, THE FACT NOBODY CAN PAY BY PAYPAL(INCLUDING ME) THAT HAS TRIED...... CASH ONLY BANK DEPOSIT..????... YOUR MONEY WILL BE GONE..... THE STORE IS PHOTO SHOPPED, THE GUY(ERRY) POST HE LIVES THERE AND THE ADDRESS IS BOGUS, AND IM CALLING DEALERS IN USA AND ALL BIKES ARE BACK ORDERED IN ALL SIZES. YOU CANT GET A NORMAL BIKE.. UNLESS YOU WANT TO PAY $5000-$12,000 FOR HIGHEND BIKES........................ USER ERRY SAYS.....I've been living in jakarta for 35 years, there is no pristiwani cycle store at the written address WHAT ELSE DO WE NEED TO KNOW? ITS 100% SCAM........... PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOWS OF LIGIT DISCOUNT BIKE SHOP POST IT!! IM ALL IN..... 3 BIKES..................... PLEASE SHARE WITH ALL OF US........ THANKSLast edited by erry; 08-07-20 at 02:49 AM.
Old 06-29-21, 12:09 PM
Kale2000

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ALSO, LOOK AT THE DATE HE(BUGGYWHIPS) JOINED.... i DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THIS SITE YET SO IM POST AS A REPLY TO SOMEONE.... HOPE EBERYONE CAN SEE THIS. WE ALL WANT THIS TO BE LIGIT BECAUSE OF THERE PRICES.......... HELL, I WANT 3 BIKES FOR ME, AND MY KIDS...... ITS JUST NOT GONNA HAPPEN...... IT STARTS WITH THE PRICES, THE FACT NOBODY CAN PAY BY PAYPAL(INCLUDING ME) THAT HAS TRIED...... CASH ONLY BANK DEPOSIT..????... YOUR MONEY WILL BE GONE..... THE STORE IS PHOTO SHOPPED, THE GUY(ERRY) POST HE LIVES THERE AND THE ADDRESS IS BOGUS, AND IM CALLING DEALERS IN USA AND ALL BIKES ARE BACK ORDERED IN ALL SIZES. YOU CANT GET A NORMAL BIKE.. UNLESS YOU WANT TO PAY $5000-$12,000 FOR HIGHEND BIKES........................ USER ERRY SAYS.....I've been living in jakarta for 35 years, there is no pristiwani cycle store at the written address WHAT ELSE DO WE NEED TO KNOW? ITS 100% SCAM........... PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOWS OF LIGIT DISCOUNT BIKE SHOP POST IT!! IM ALL IN..... 3 BIKES..................... PLEASE SHARE WITH ALL OF US........ THANKSLast edited by erry; 08-07-20 at 02:49 AM.
Old 10-14-21, 11:19 AM
scottcity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
did they refound you? i'am on the same boat.. just bought and realized something wrong... i will ask paypal

Last edited by scottcity; 10-14-21 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-29-21, 02:04 PM
Freehocey

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stumbled across the Pristiwani site while shopping for fat bikes (I'm a fat bike newbie) and thought exactly the same thing . . . seems too good to be true . . . and it appears so
Especially when, no matter what brand, size or color you want, it's in stock!!!
Thinking of contacting a couple of manufacturers to see if they will verify whether they've actually ever shipped any bikes to Pristiwani!!
Old 10-29-21, 02:34 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,593 Times in 3,781 Posts
Originally Posted by Freehocey
Thinking of contacting a couple of manufacturers to see if they will verify whether they've actually ever shipped any bikes to Pristiwani!!
Don't bother

Old 10-29-21, 02:57 PM
Freehocey

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update Directly from KHS Bikes

Per email from KHS Bikes - cannot post copy of the email because apparently I can't post pics and such until I've posted 10 times here?

"I can’t say for sure if KHS has ever shipped any bikes there, but as far as we know, that site is a scam. Please do not buy anything from them!

Thanks,"
Old 12-08-21, 12:23 PM
scottcity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs down Scam Pristiwani

Bought a frameset, seems the pristiwany follow the same procedures, the Jimmyjunandalogistic supply a tracking that goes on every 15days, until stops in dublin. that takes two months from date of purchase
Anyway easy to undertand it is no real, no reviews, no location on google maps and mostly all sizes available...
He wrote me a mail at the beginning (the paypal addres, not the store email)said that his store is legit,but never reply to me..
Refounded by paypal
Old 05-10-22, 12:42 PM
tejen2525

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
It is a scam

I ordered something on 12/28/2021.

They updated the jimmijun regularly but as of 02/28/22 it says New York Customs. I have sent at least 10 emails and have received zero replies. SCAM.