Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Wahoo Axis Action Feet

Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Wahoo Axis Action Feet

Old 02-07-21, 03:02 PM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10894 Post(s)
Liked 4,560 Times in 2,090 Posts
Wahoo Axis Action Feet

I just learned of these replacement feet for a Kickr. Has anybody tried them out? Do they help the feel? Or do they just lighten the pocketbook?

Old 02-07-21, 06:09 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1124 Post(s)
Liked 1,171 Times in 682 Posts
Originally Posted by Trsnrtr
I just learned of these replacement feet for a Kickr. Has anybody tried them out? Do they help the feel? Or do they just lighten the pocketbook?
do you mean these in this photo?

https://www.bikeforums.net/21906539-post57.html

i've been wondering about them myself. maybe Hypno Toad can give us an update/review.
Likes For spelger:
Old 02-07-21, 08:59 PM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Yes, that’s what I was asking about. Like most, if it improves the feel, I’d spring for them.

Old 02-08-21, 02:41 PM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,011 Times in 518 Posts
We got his/hers Kickr v5 (2020) last fall, they come with the upgraded feet. We were just commenting on the improvement in feel with these feet. While riding, the bike doesn't feel like it's moving around, but it flexes more naturally. I feel comfortable to get outta the saddle to sprint and I notice my butt is less miserable on the trainer. Considering I'm on the same bike and saddle I've used for 8 years, I *think* the Kickrs feet/flex are helping feel more comfortable.

For reference, I was on an old Kurt Kinetic and Lisa was using an old Cyclops fluid trainer, both were really old tech and the Kickrs were a big step forward for us.

As a counterpoint: Ray at DC Rainmaker gets into this topic on his in depth review (jump to 3:20). He didn't see the new feet as a great improvement over the 2018 Kickr.

I guess if I was on an older Kickr, I wouldn't likely pay to upgrade the feet ... OTOH, I'm glad the came standard with the 2020 Kickr.

Thanks spelger for tagging me and brining this thread to my attention!
Old 02-08-21, 04:12 PM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

I ordered them this morning for our 2016 Kickr before I saw this. We’ll see how they work out.

Old 02-09-21, 08:30 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

I ordered them this morning for our 2016 Kickr before I saw this. We’ll see how they work out.
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts.
Old 02-09-21, 09:12 AM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts.
It should be interesting.

Likes For Trsnrtr:
Old 02-14-21, 10:01 AM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

I've ridden 3 times with the new feet and I give them a . Standing feels way more comfortable as does seated climbing. The only issue is that my wife and I share the trainer and she weighs 70# less than me so we had to compromise with the medium stiffness feet. She doesn't get the full effect and I get a little too much. Still, I'm pleased.

Likes For Trsnrtr:
Old 02-16-21, 07:37 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

I've ridden 3 times with the new feet and I give them a . Standing feels way more comfortable as does seated climbing. The only issue is that my wife and I share the trainer and she weighs 70# less than me so we had to compromise with the medium stiffness feet. She doesn't get the full effect and I get a little too much. Still, I'm pleased.
Thanks for the review!
Old 02-16-21, 05:28 PM
Ald1 

Bikes: Domane SLR 9 Fuji Gran Fondo 2.3 1978 Mercian

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Mind if I ask where you purchased the feet? I've check Wahoo's website from time to time and alway got "out of stock" and now they don't seem to make their list of accessories?
Old 02-17-21, 12:32 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,568 Times in 973 Posts
For those owning these feet, is it something that appears if I were to custom drill new holes in the horizonal bars of a Kickr Core I could use my own bolts to attach these?

I made a custom "Kurt Kinetic" style rocking mechanism replacing the mounting point and legs on a Kickr Core. I used it for about 2 months on Zwift. I didn't care for it. Unless I really spent some money and engineered something really more complicated than even the $1000 rockers as I still feel they miss the mark. I only spent like $25 on the weird Kurt replica. Trashed it all.

If these just take some stress off the frame combined with using my lazy susan riser wheel block, that would be great.
Old 02-17-21, 11:46 PM
AdkMtnMonster
Airplanes, bikes, beer.

Bikes: Road bikes, mountain bikes, a cx bike, a gravel bike…

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 339 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
For those owning these feet, is it something that appears if I were to custom drill new holes in the horizonal bars of a Kickr Core I could use my own bolts to attach these?

I made a custom "Kurt Kinetic" style rocking mechanism replacing the mounting point and legs on a Kickr Core. I used it for about 2 months on Zwift. I didn't care for it. Unless I really spent some money and engineered something really more complicated than even the $1000 rockers as I still feel they miss the mark. I only spent like $25 on the weird Kurt replica. Trashed it all.

If these just take some stress off the frame combined with using my lazy susan riser wheel block, that would be great.

They’re exactly like the old feet except they ae different densities (durometers) of rubber, and smaller diameter in the case of the softest set. The mount the same way that the stock feet mounted. They’re worth the few bucks for the added comfort/flex.
Old 02-18-21, 08:23 AM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Originally Posted by Ald1
Mind if I ask where you purchased the feet? I've check Wahoo's website from time to time and alway got "out of stock" and now they don't seem to make their list of accessories?
I ordered direct from Wahoo a week or so ago. Came in a few days.

Old 02-26-21, 12:34 PM
Tom L

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
since I've had my kick R I put a piece of foam rubber under the trainer legs, it's pretty soft stuff and lets the trainer rock back and forth
some. so you may have something in the house already that will work like the legs they sell, if you can't get them on line