Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Long Distance Competition/Ultracycling, Randonneuring and Endurance Cycling
Reload this Page >

Tapered alu/steel/carbon fork that takes front panniers?

Notices
Long Distance Competition/Ultracycling, Randonneuring and Endurance Cycling Do you enjoy centuries, double centuries, brevets, randonnees, and 24-hour time trials? Share ride reports, and exchange training, equipment, and nutrition information specific to long distance cycling. This isn't for tours, this is for endurance events cycling

Old 05-02-14, 03:11 PM
sorensomand

Bikes: cross check, trek 6000, salsa warbird ti, spesh awol transconti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm having trouble finding a fork to replace the Enve CX Disc fork on my Warbird TI.

I need some front panniers for this summers adventures.
I've got the Thule Pack'n'Pedal tour racks, but I am a bit concerned about putting weight on the Enve fork.

So, a tapered steerer disc fork with either mid fork eyelets or canti studs for mounting a rack.
And one that doesn't mess up the Warbirds geometry.

I've found an alu one on a Stevens bike, but they wont sell it to me separately.
Old 05-05-14, 12:24 AM
Chris_W
Likes to Ride Far

Bikes: road+, gravel, commuter/tourer, tandem, e-cargo, folder

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
That's going to be really tough to find. A had a look at a few sources and manufacturers that I know of, but couldn't find anything that meets all of your criteria.
Old 05-07-14, 07:23 PM
skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1748 Post(s)
Liked 1,421 Times in 972 Posts
Is it the steerer tube on the fork that's tapered on the Warbird, or the headtube/headset in the Warbird's frame (larger bottom bearings, but it'll still take a standard 1 1/8" steerer)?

IF its the latter, try looking at the Soma Saga, Soma Double Cross Disc, the Surly LHT Disc, Surly Straggler. All are steel forks, will take a disc brake, and have mid-blade rack mounts. Might have to call Soma about the Saga fork, as its not listed on their website as being a separate item from the Saga frameset.
Old 07-09-14, 04:50 AM
Jalm3yda

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did you found a solution for this problem!.. I have exactly the same dilemma on my warbird ti, I want to fit a rando bag, and the thule rack looks like a good solution, I'm just skeptical to put it on the enve fork... Cheers