Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

ElliptiGO SUB (Stand Up Bike)

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-19, 05:36 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1114 Post(s)
Liked 848 Times in 592 Posts

Now THIS is an EXCELLENT stand up bike!!!

ElliptiGO SUB

Old 01-24-19, 08:36 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
33% more calories is really telling
Old 01-25-19, 07:47 AM
rhenning

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 80 Posts
How do you fold it? Will it fit in an airline suitcase? Can you ride a century on it? Are there racks available for carrying things? Where do the water bottle cages fit. Those are normal questions for folders. Nice toy but not a folding bike. Looks like something designed more for a circus performer. Rpger
Old 01-25-19, 08:39 AM
kidshibuya

Bikes: Tyrell CSI, Dahon Mu LT11, Doppelganger Aurora 219

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rhenning
How do you fold it? Will it fit in an airline suitcase? Can you ride a century on it? Are there racks available for carrying things? Where do the water bottle cages fit. Those are normal questions for folders. Nice toy but not a folding bike. Looks like something designed more for a circus performer. Rpger
More like an exercise product. Bikes are the most efficient form of transport, have to do lot of cycling to get fit. This bike would reduce the energy expenditure gap to running without the impacts and a lot more fun.
Old 01-25-19, 09:15 AM
rhenning

The same could be said of a real bicycle. You should tout your product in exercise forums. Roger
Old 01-25-19, 10:31 AM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
The only ellipticals I've seen around here are the ones with the big flat foot plates like on the gym ellipticals (I've only see two people on them). It's kind of a cool idea, if you just want an exercise device you can use outdoors. Visibility on the street is better than a bike, but I bet headwinds are a *****. It's not something I'd ever use for errands or commuting, but definitely has use for exercise, and since there's not much "fit" to it like with a regular bike, a whole family could use it. Since I hate exercising indoors, I think it's pretty neat, but don't see ever buying one. I'd maybe rent one once just to try it, though.
Old 01-25-19, 01:26 PM
bargainguy

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked 310 Times in 191 Posts
I watched parts of the video. A couple concerns.

It doesn't look like high cadences can be achieved with this design. Mind you, I haven't tried one, but the guy on the demo bike looked pretty fit. I never saw him above ~60-70 rpm. Whether it's because he never tried or he couldn't, I can't tell.

Extrapolated, that means you will kill your knees on this bike. Doesn't matter if you're fit or not, low cadences kill knees. The way to keep knees happy is high cadence with less effort, not the opposite. If a high cadence can't be achieved, that's a dealbreaker for me.

Second concern: When coasting on this bike, are you really resting your legs? My guess is no, in the same way standing up takes more effort than sitting down.
Old 01-25-19, 02:04 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

The same could be said of a real bicycle. You should tout your product in exercise forums. Roger
#1 : I believe it doesn't fold. It's probably something that could be addressed later on, since the company takes feedback from customers.
#2 : All folding bikes fit in a suitcase? Ridiculous,...
#3 : Riding a century? Some probably can, others can't. Watch the other videos by this person,...
#4 : Water bottle cages?
#5 : I guess all folding bikes are rack compatible,... Again,...

Just because YOU disapprove of this, it doesn't belong here? Get outta here! This stand up bike is a superior version of my Micro PedalFlow. I can't use a rack on it, I can put water bottle holders and a small bike bag on the front, and no gearing for hills. This has gearing that will allow hill climbing with ease.

As to it being my product, it's not. It's a stand up bike that's also a fantastic piece of exercise equipment. I can care less it YOU agree with it's existence, but I happen to like it. It's the same as a minivelo,...they don't fold, not all have water bottle braze ons, not all can accept a front or rear rack. It's still a small wheeled BIKE.

If you don't like it, be an adult and move on.

Last edited by tds101; 01-25-19 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-25-19, 02:16 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Originally Posted by bargainguy
I watched parts of the video. A couple concerns.

It doesn't look like high cadences can be achieved with this design. Mind you, I haven't tried one, but the guy on the demo bike looked pretty fit. I never saw him above ~60-70 rpm. Whether it's because he never tried or he couldn't, I can't tell.

Extrapolated, that means you will kill your knees on this bike. Doesn't matter if you're fit or not, low cadences kill knees. The way to keep knees happy is high cadence with less effort, not the opposite. If a high cadence can't be achieved, that's a dealbreaker for me.

Second concern: When coasting on this bike, are you really resting your legs? My guess is no, in the same way standing up takes more effort than sitting down.
Viable concerns, and totally explainable. If you see any of his other videos, you'd see he uses higher cadence when ascending, and lower on decents. This guy is in amazingly good shape. If his knees can handle his low cadence,...only time will tell. He doesn't always use low cadence.

As to resting when not pedaling, it's the same as my Micro PedalFlow. I have no issue with rest when I ride it. It's all about conditioning.
Old 01-25-19, 02:18 PM
rhenning

I never said I disapproved of this product just questioned its placement in this forum. You really need to calm down. Roger
Old 01-25-19, 02:56 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

I never said I disapproved of this product just questioned its placement in this forum. You really need to calm down. Roger
I'm calm, just stating the facts. It combines a minivelo with a stand up bicycle. You told me:

"You should tout your product in exercise forums. Roger".

This is a bike that some of us might be interested in here in this section of the forum, and, again, it's not my product. Did you miss our discussion of the "Micro PedalFlow" in another thread? I'm too lazy to search for it,...
​​​​​
Old 01-25-19, 03:06 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
Does it Fold ?
Old 01-25-19, 09:24 PM
kidshibuya

Bikes: Tyrell CSI, Dahon Mu LT11, Doppelganger Aurora 219

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bargainguy
Doesn't matter if you're fit or not, low cadences kill knees. The way to keep knees happy is high cadence with less effort, not the opposite. If a high cadence can't be achieved, that's a dealbreaker for me.

I have used a low cadence for 30 years now, zero issues with my knees. Same for every low cadence tour rider.

And as I said, this bike seems designed to increase your effort, your "concern" is the whole point of the bike.
Old 01-26-19, 12:45 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Once I have my knee surgery I would luv to get this. Dang car accident in February of 2018 messed me up,...