Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Switzerland!

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from Switzerland!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-23, 09:08 AM
swissycle

Bikes: ~1982 Mondia Halbrenner, 1989 Giant Sierra ATB, 2021 Schindelhauer Siegfried Road

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 13 Posts
Hello from Switzerland!

I've been riding bikes (well, typically one at time) since I was a kid, but almost exclusively as transit. For the past decade plus, I was riding slowly but stylishly on a mid-70s English three-speed (Raleigh Sports). But this summer, I started looking for something a bit more, shall we say, efficient. Now I'm riding a sporty single-speed (Schindelhauer Siegfried Road), and now I'm not just riding to work but also riding recreationally. And when I'm not, I'm perusing the forums here, which are tremendously educational. Despite a lifetime of bike riding, this new bike--and the reading I'm doing--is teaching me how to ride in a whole new way...and a new hobby has developed!
Old 09-23-23, 03:52 PM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 1,245 Times in 623 Posts
Welcome.
Have Fun Posting.

Old 09-25-23, 06:29 AM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3898 Post(s)
Liked 4,841 Times in 2,232 Posts
Welcome @swissycle.
Old 09-29-23, 09:36 AM
M777WTE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Welcome
Likes For M777WTE:
Old 10-01-23, 10:38 AM
jtspear5

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
welcome
Old 10-01-23, 11:31 AM
Atmangene
Back in the saddle again.

Bikes: Trek 1400 Schwinn Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Don't!

Originally Posted by swissycle
I've been riding bikes (well, typically one at time) since I was a kid, but almost exclusively as transit. For the past decade plus, I was riding slowly but stylishly on a mid-70s English three-speed (Raleigh Sports). But this summer, I started looking for something a bit more, shall we say, efficient. Now I'm riding a sporty single-speed (Schindelhauer Siegfried Road), and now I'm not just riding to work but also riding recreationally. And when I'm not, I'm perusing the forums here, which are tremendously educational. Despite a lifetime of bike riding, this new bike--and the reading I'm doing--is teaching me how to ride in a whole new way...and a new hobby has developed!
I envy you. Switzerland is among the most beautiful places on earth. I was stationed in Vicenza Italy in 1978 and would take a train to ski in Switzerland on the weekends. Over and over and over again I fell never once making it down this one particular run. I could, can, hear the old man at the top laughing at me each time I got off the rope pulling me up. At the end of a very long day, never once making the run he pointed to the sign that I could not read. The name of the run was..DONT! I too have had different bikes in my life. One particular bike was probably from the twenties. This was in 1989 whin I lived in Creve Coeur Missouri. It weighed about 70 pounds and had huge tires. But it's single gear was such that never once did I lose a race up a long steep hill that bordered Creve Coeur Lake. So many times riders on their expensive bikes were frustrated at losing to such an ugly tank. Proving to me and others..."It's what's in a man's heart that makes the difference" Although we will never meet ...Welcome. Gene
Likes For Atmangene:
Old 10-01-23, 12:44 PM
Eyes Roll

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 49 Posts
Welcome aboard. I know someone from Basel. He has homes in both Switzerland and Emirates, and he alternates between both countries.

If you have any bike-related questions, just ask, preferably by posting a picture or two. Hope you will enjoy your stay here.
Likes For Eyes Roll:
Old 10-01-23, 04:13 PM
colnago_zuub

Bikes: Colnago C96, Urban Arrow

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Nice bike!
Likes For colnago_zuub:
Old 10-05-23, 08:50 AM
EddyR

Bikes: 1992, Cannondale R900. 1991 Paramount pdg

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 68 Posts
Welcome.
I started on a English 3 speed as a kid in the Catskill’s of NYS. Uphill downhill all the time. Riding a bike is about having fun . Ride what you like and enjoy it here on the forum.
Ed