Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Montgomery, Texas

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-23, 09:51 PM
Matt Lynch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

The grown up biking bug bit me around 2018. It took a little break during covid, but I'm getting back into it and having a blast. I've only recently been discovering how much fun road bikes are for me. In the past few months I've picked up a few gold nuggets from marketplace. I've got a vintage Fuji, modern Motobecane, and as of today a vintage lotus unique.
I'm pretty happy with my little collection and I had just made another post that got fried into the aether because I have not made 10 posts yet. I can't post pictures. Whatever. I'll get a few more posts under my belt and start throwing up pictures of my two-wheeled children
Old 11-26-23, 11:07 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked 2,065 Times in 1,081 Posts
Never made it to that part of Texas. I lived in San Angelo for a while, visited my daughter in DFW, went to Big Bend, Austin, Texarkana, Midland. My brother lives near Houston but I've never been down that way. I'm not a fan of heat and humidity. Come to think of it, I didn't care for hot and dry either lol.

I think I have about 5,000 miles of riding in Texas, quite a bit with West Texas Randonneurs, and a lot in the desert. Wide open spaces, rough roads, stupid hot, hours and hours with nary a car, what little traffic there was is crazy fast.

What's Montgomery like?
Old 11-26-23, 11:39 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 1,047 Posts
Welcome from Bastrop Texas. Sounds like ya got some good fishing back roads to travel... Wonderful...

Be sure to put in a picture of your boat and truck. I heard they are required for your Conroe Area citizenship...
Old 11-27-23, 12:19 PM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 1,245 Times in 623 Posts
Welcome from The Gulf Coast.

Old 11-28-23, 09:53 PM
Matt Lynch

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by downtube42
Never made it to that part of Texas. I lived in San Angelo for a while, visited my daughter in DFW, went to Big Bend, Austin, Texarkana, Midland. My brother lives near Houston but I've never been down that way. I'm not a fan of heat and humidity. Come to think of it, I didn't care for hot and dry either lol.

I think I have about 5,000 miles of riding in Texas, quite a bit with West Texas Randonneurs, and a lot in the desert. Wide open spaces, rough roads, stupid hot, hours and hours with nary a car, what little traffic there was is crazy fast.

What's Montgomery like?
Montgomery is pretty boring for biking unless you want to risk your life by riding on the road. The way the people drive out here scares me away from doing that. Lots of distracted motorists. I've been going to the woodlands, spring, or into Houston for rides lately. I did about 15-20 miles today on the Buffalo bayou trails and through downtown. Had a great time, and I'm trying to get my friend to upgrade from his cruddy used ozone 500. He did really well today, but was completely worn out by the end of the ride. I took him to a good bike shop for a tune up and now he's considering getting something nice and shiny and new.

Uh but yeah, in answer to your question, Montgomery is boring
Old 11-28-23, 09:56 PM
Matt Lynch

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zandoval
Welcome from Bastrop Texas. Sounds like ya got some good fishing back roads to travel... Wonderful...

Be sure to put in a picture of your boat and truck. I heard they are required for your Conroe Area citizenship...
Lol no boats or trucks here. I was really into motorcycles for a long time. Won't say I've gotten past that phase, but it has been a couple of years since I've.had a daily rider, and I have started throwing away all the saved up spare parts lol

Bastrop is a lovely part of Texas. I used to love taking canoe trips from that Bastrop river canoe place, but they died during covid 😭
Likes For Matt Lynch:
Old 11-28-23, 09:58 PM
Matt Lynch

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 10 Wheels
Welcome from The Gulf Coast.
Dude straight up yikes! Is that a designated bike lane? Is that the seawall or a bridge? I'd like to bike Galveston some time. I love the sea air, and I bet it's pretty magical this time of year
Likes For Matt Lynch:
Old 12-01-23, 07:44 AM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,620 Times in 2,123 Posts
I know that I’m late on welcoming you, Matt, but WELCOME TO BF.

Old 12-01-23, 12:55 PM
Matt Lynch

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Trsnrtr
I know that I’m late on welcoming you, Matt, but WELCOME TO BF.
Thanks!
​​​
I just picked up a bell 3 bike carrier, so I'm taking my 2 little ones and meeting a friend and his son for a ride in Houston on Sunday. I'm stoked! I love riding with my kids.
Likes For Matt Lynch:
Old 12-01-23, 02:33 PM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,620 Times in 2,123 Posts
That's the biking spirit!

Old 12-02-23, 07:30 AM
rodymanners

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Last edited by rodymanners; 12-02-23 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-02-23, 07:35 AM
Chuck M 
Happy With My Bikes

Bikes: Hi-Ten bike boomers, a Trek Domane and some projects

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked 2,308 Times in 1,118 Posts
Welcome to BF. It looks like from your initial post you will be posting some pictures to the C&V subform when you reach your 10 post threshold.

Old 12-02-23, 10:38 AM
Matt Lynch

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuck M
Welcome to BF. It looks like from your initial post you will be posting some pictures to the C&V subform when you reach your 10 post threshold.
Yeah! I'm pretty happy with the 2 vintage scores I've made so far. My parents have a storage shed that they have implied I can use if I can clean all their stuff out of it. I'm thinking of turning it into a small shop and collecting unloved but otherwise nice vintage bikes around the area
Old 12-05-23, 12:02 PM
Matt Lynch

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
went on the ride at buffalo bayou and went over to the opera to see this cool nutcracker thing they had. my youngest fell and got banged up pretty early. my son did great. he was all geared up in his new helmet and riding shirt and was a freaking blur.
the rest of us had a fun time tho.