Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

1x versus 2x for old 26" MTB build

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

1x versus 2x for old 26" MTB build

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-21, 10:16 PM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts
We wound up turning my wife's mtn bike into a 2X 9-speed with Advent microshift drive train and a new front Deore double. She really wanted the gear range that a 1X made impossible, but it shifts much better than the 3X it replaced.
Old 03-05-21, 12:24 PM
AdkMtnMonster
Airplanes, bikes, beer.

Bikes: Road bikes, mountain bikes, a cx bike, a gravel bike…

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 339 Posts
I was able to order all of that stuff except the cassette, so I substituted an SLX 11-speed 11-46. I’m going to convert my ‘03 Cannondale F900 first, since it’s all ready to go other than the 1x stuff swapped out. It has a 5-bolt crankset with a 22/32/44 triple. The 32 middle ring is pretty beat, though, so I’ll prob end up putting a new narrow-wide ring on it. See how it works. Thanks a bunch for the nudge- it’s EXACTLY what I needed to get this conversion stuff going. Cheers!