Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

PAY SHIPPING: 1951 Raleigh Sports (21" ladies' frame)

Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Old 04-08-21, 02:15 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2401 Post(s)
Liked 4,350 Times in 2,075 Posts

*** SPOKEN FOR: This '51 Sports will soon have a new home with Don, a friend who lives in my same neighborhood who's a 3-speed collector ***

@Ged117 offered me his '50 Raleigh Superbe a few weeks back, which means a few bikes have to leave the stables.

I'm not thrilled about it, but that means this one has to go:

I got this lovely '51 Sports from @nlerner over 10 years ago - so long ago that I can't find the emails about it - and have had it ever since. Neal gave it to me for cost of shipping as the left chainstay had been bent inwards during transit after an eBay sale. I straightened the stay using a Park SS-1 stay straightener and have kept the bike mostly unchanged since.

It is still mostly all-original, with exception to the saddle - a later 1960's B.66 with a tear in the side - shifter cable, later Goodyear tires, and a few other small odds and ends. It will need some TLC - it has been ages since it was polished and is in need of it again. The chrome bits could also do with an oxalic dip, something I wasn't doing at the time I first acquired this bike. It doesn't have grips and the early 1960's Goodyear tires on the front has blown open. However, I'm including a pair of identical used Goodyears in the event you want to display it (I would NOT recommend expecting these tires to hold more than 25PSI without the casing blowing open).

I'm more than happy to pack it up and send it to another BF member for the cost of shipping, under these four stipulations:
  • Don't part it out for a men's Sports,
  • Pass it on in kind if you ever part with it,
  • Keep the Skidmore, Mass. tag on the rear fender, seeing as its part of it's history,
  • Don't repaint it. Polish it, by all means.
PM if it tickles your fancy. I'd like to keep it in the BF C&V family.

Last edited by cudak888; 04-30-21 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-10-21, 06:46 AM
mountaindave 
tantum vehi

Bikes: More than I care to admit

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 1166 Post(s)
Liked 962 Times in 480 Posts
Wow - it even has a dynamo front hub! That would be a stunning townie. A front basket and Bob’s your uncle. If I didn’t already have a Peugeot, Schwinn and Ross step through in the stable. It will find a good home.
Likes For mountaindave:
Old 04-10-21, 08:40 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Quoted: 2300 Post(s)
Liked 4,764 Times in 1,725 Posts
Originally Posted by mountaindave
Wow - it even has a dynamo front hub! That would be a stunning townie. A front basket and Bob’s your uncle. If I didn’t already have a Peugeot, Schwinn and Ross step through in the stable. It will find a good home.
Right, that pretty sweet for someone! I've been strongly considering a Dutch Style bike to cruise around on, run errands, and for winter use and this one is a lot along those lines.
Old 04-18-21, 10:28 AM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Still available.

One member PM'ed then ghosted me on it.
Old 04-18-21, 06:23 PM
Mad Honk 

Bikes: Paramount, Faggin, Ochsner, Ciocc, Basso

Mentioned: 114 Post(s)
Quoted: 1283 Post(s)
Liked 1,836 Times in 1,110 Posts
Kurt,
I would be ghosting you as well since I can't fit it in here. The War Department would go ballistic on me for bringing in another bike. I sure hope you find a a good home for it. Smiles, MH
Likes For Mad Honk:
Old 04-30-21, 12:14 AM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Originally Posted by Mad Honk
Kurt,
I would be ghosting you as well since I can't fit it in here. The War Department would go ballistic on me for bringing in another bike. I sure hope you find a a good home for it. Smiles, MH
No need to apologize. Still looking for someone willing to take it on though.

-Kurt