Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

Fork for Easy Racers Tour Easy

Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Old 05-17-19, 11:10 AM
QCbentrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The fork on my Tour Easy recently broke. It appears that Easy Racers is no longer in operation, or their customer service is just incredibly terrible. I contacted two dealers, one of whom was a local dealer, and he has had nothing but problems trying to get ahold of anyone at Easy Racers. Once in a while they get through, tell them what is needed, but Easy Racers never gets back to them. The other dealer, a dedicated recumbent dealer, told me that Easy Racers has gone out of business.

Anyway, I still have a Tour Easy that's no longer usable because of the fork. Has anyone by chance found any forks that might work with the Tour Easy? If so, what brand/model number, etc., is it so that I can see if the bike shop can get one and try to install it? I'd hate to give up the Tour Easy because it is only 3.5 years old at this point.

Thanks,

Ken
Old 05-17-19, 02:03 PM
grayrest

Bikes: Birdy, Orbea Gain, Optima Baron, SatRDay

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
I don't have a lead, but here's the same question on BROL.
Old 05-17-19, 10:47 PM
Jeff Wills
Insane Bicycle Mechanic

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 788 Post(s)
Liked 688 Times in 367 Posts
Oh, that sucks...

A bunch of us in the OHPV (Oregon Human Powered Vehicles) have or have had Easy Racer bikes. I think there might be a spare fork or two lying around, too. You may have to figure out the steerer tube length- I think Easy Racers used a couple.

I'll link this thread to our Facebook group and see what happens.

Comcast nuked my web page. It will return soon..
Old 05-18-19, 05:24 PM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1511 Post(s)
Liked 733 Times in 454 Posts
How would handling be affected by using a 'standard' fork? I know that without the massive rake of a specific TE fork there would be more trail, but that doesn't always tell the whole story.

Edit: As a second suggestion, any mild steel fork could be bent for more rake, and have a brake bridge brazed to the correct spot for a 451 wheel. ADC at Recycled Recumbents could do it - and probably has.
Old 05-20-19, 10:28 PM
Jeff Wills
Insane Bicycle Mechanic

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 788 Post(s)
Liked 688 Times in 367 Posts
QC... my bad luck may be your good luck. Since the frame on my Gold Rush cracked, I might be parting it out. The fork will probably fit your Tour Easy. Stay tuned- I am still figuring out what I'm going to do.

Comcast nuked my web page. It will return soon..