Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Shimano M021 Shoes and Look Cleats

Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Old 01-12-07, 11:55 AM
Sammyboy
The Legitimiser

Bikes: Gazelle Trim Trophy, EG Bates Track Bike, HR Bates Cantiflex bike, Nigel Dean fixed gear conversion, Raleigh Royal, Falcon Westminster.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Anyone know if these are compatible? I have 3 pairs of look pedals around, and I want to try clipless, but I really want the shoes to be cheap! Any other suggestions?
Old 01-12-07, 12:25 PM
gonzoknife

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Shimano M021 are only for SPD cleats which are two hole. Look stuff is three hole, so this won't work. Even if they had 3 holes, the look cleats won't fit in the space between the shoe tread.

These are mountain shoes, which never support the Look cleat 3 hole pattern. You need to find some low cost road specific shoes to use the Look pedals.
Old 01-12-07, 12:30 PM
Sammyboy
The Legitimiser

Bikes: Gazelle Trim Trophy, EG Bates Track Bike, HR Bates Cantiflex bike, Nigel Dean fixed gear conversion, Raleigh Royal, Falcon Westminster.

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Yep, I'd actually prefer road shoes, but most of all, I want them cheap. I won't be using them for most of my riding - shopping, commuting, and just running around are just too convenient in clips and straps, but I'll put them on my road bike for morning training rides, and perhaps on my track bike too.
Old 01-13-07, 10:56 PM
ken cummings

Bikes: Bruce Gordon BLT, Cannondale parts bike, Ecodyne recumbent trike, Counterpoint Opus 2, miyata 1000

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh SammyBoy the dealers are calling. . . In the UK if you are near Londen. Look for manufacturers, wholesalers, and importers. First many of them will carry shoe types not sold in local shops. That and some will have low-key outlet stores where they can sell off returned shoes and very usable factory seconds at incredible discounts. I got two pairs of three hole road shoes in my size 12 (US) for $10 apiece. And Pace brand shorts at $12 each.