Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

C.Itoh / Kabuki / Bridgestone - Year??

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-20, 12:51 PM
CItoh74@

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey guys and gals -
I have a pair of C.Itoh Skyway bicycles that were my parents for many years. I believe they purchased them in the late 60's but not sure, and I'm curious to see if any of you may know the year made and what value they may have. Their serial numbers: Blue - C154870; Pink - Y060742. Can't really tell if the lady's bike is a "Y" or a "V", but looks more like a "Y".
They are both 3-speeds with 26" tires, and the lady's still has the babyseat that came with it (aftermarket?).

I tried uploading some pics but I'm using my IPhone and saves the photos as a HEIC document and cannot change it to jpg or other formats.

Any help in identifying the model year and or value range would help.
Old 07-10-20, 02:40 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,039 Times in 1,877 Posts
Welcome to the forums. They are both Bridgestone manufactured product. Unfortunately, the serial numbers do not provide an exact year. They could be 1961, 1971, 1982 etc. You have to determine the decade by other methods. Based on your late1960s estimate, they are probably 1971 models, with the ladies' model being manufactured in December 1970 and the men's model being manufactured in February 1971.

Around this time, C. Itoh offered four Skway 3 speed models. The base model was the 705. The 707-H added a factory lighting system and saddle bag. The 711-D had the lighting system and front and rear racks. The 711-CT had the lighting system, racks, saddle bag and rear view mirror.

Vaule is highly dependent on cosmetic condition, mechanical condition and local market conditions. Most members will be reluctant to provide a value without pictures and your location. However, these are the type of bicycles that typically do not have a lot of value.

Last edited by T-Mar; 07-10-20 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-10-20, 09:46 PM
CItoh74@

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks T-Mar, I appreciate the information. If I can figure out the changing of the picture format I will upload some pics.