Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Raleigh tourist 2018 vs Creme Caferacer uno

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-19, 10:55 PM
madoser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I can get a Raleigh tourist 2018 for $190 out the door MSRP $650 but it rides pretty high on the crotch. Small sized but I am only 5’5, 28”

or I can get a Creme caferacer uno for $435 out the door (Cali Tax) MSRP $750 and the standover and fit is pretty good.

Should I just keep the Raleigh and lean the bike when standing over the top tube and save $245?
Old 07-07-19, 01:52 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
What are you looking to do with these bikes? They aren't exactly touring bikes, are very heavy for what they are and are more designed for looks.

I always say get a bike that fits and is most comfortable for you but if you are looking to get a touring bike neither of these would be a great option. Surly makes some very nice touring bikes for smaller riders that are designed with them in mind. There are also plenty of other touring bike manufacturers.

If you are looking for a cheaper hybrid with a slightly vintage look and cheaper components then either one of those probably would do the trick but going up hill might be tough with a 3 speed IGH and the position on the bikes might be less then ideal.
Old 07-07-19, 08:09 PM
DropBarFan

Bikes: 2013 Surly Disc Trucker, 2004 Novara Randonee , old fixie , etc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
For commuting/casual riding/light touring w/o spending major $$, I'd think about getting a used hybrid. Lots of them are lightly used, pretty light, some have suspension fork that smooths out city bumps, also sloped top tubes that better fit shorter riders.