Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hi

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-19, 01:11 AM
Funcyclist
Funcyclist

Bikes: Mountain bike and road.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi

Hello there, I come from England since 2010

i currently have a mountain bike and because I had it for a while I decided to get a adventure/road bike. It feels completly different when you switch and still getting used to it 😂 and trying to figure out the gears which way goes which because the brake lever moves sideways and theirs another lever on the brake lever behind the brake. I know where they are just trying to find out which are which and which one goes down and which goes up. You also defiently notice the speed. Feel free to mention anything if you have any tips.

Last edited by Funcyclist; 07-17-19 at 01:41 AM.
Old 07-17-19, 07:11 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 2617 Post(s)
Liked 3,130 Times in 1,645 Posts
Hello Funcyclist!

If you're used to a MTB, it can take a while to get used to the speed of the road! As of now my only tip is more practice!!!

-Tmonk
Old 07-17-19, 12:42 PM
Funcyclist
Funcyclist

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
Hello Funcyclist!

If you're used to a MTB, it can take a while to get used to the speed of the road! As of now my only tip is more practice!!!

-Tmonk
Lol thanks. It’s supprising how much you learn if you just find a quiet place. I had a car park near me. I dont know how but I’ve almost got used to it now with only my 2nd day riding today I actually did a loop round, flat, uphill and down and flat and have gotten nearly used to it. I assume soreness is ussuall when you suddenly switch. As my hands ended up getting numb even though I was wearing a thin pair of gloves and I still sometimes press the wrong gear lever. The hand thing might also be becuse I have a habit of gripping things too tightly lol. (I had to get over this when on my mtb so it’s probaly just going to take time to get used to handlebars)
Old 07-17-19, 11:29 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,403 Times in 898 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums! And congrats on your progress so far, take your time though. You'll get used to it.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 07-18-19, 03:13 PM
Funcyclist
Funcyclist

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
Welcome to Bike Forums! And congrats on your progress so far, take your time though. You'll get used to it.
Thanks and know. I’ve pretty much nearly got used it. I don’t know if this helps but I’ve always had good balance perhaps because of mtb, horse riding and rollerblading. Perhaps I was transferring my skills from their. Lol the speed feels as fast as a horse sometimes just not as loud lol. Sorry if this was a weird reference
Old 07-18-19, 08:44 PM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,171 Times in 1,462 Posts
Welcome. The only advice I can add is relax, let up on the tight grip, and have fun. It all comes to you quickly.
Old 07-18-19, 09:42 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,403 Times in 898 Posts
Originally Posted by Funcyclist
Thanks and know. I’ve pretty much nearly got used it. I don’t know if this helps but I’ve always had good balance perhaps because of mtb, horse riding and rollerblading. Perhaps I was transferring my skills from their. Lol the speed feels as fast as a horse sometimes just not as loud lol. Sorry if this was a weird reference
No, not a weird reference at all. But I hear ya. I love speed.
I'm the type that not only will put the top down on a convertible but stretch my neck up to get the most of it LOL
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.