Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Disappointing rules & introduction

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-19, 10:15 AM
VanRAH

Bikes: Colin Laing

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Greetings Guys & Gals; Active life has wound down for me as I'm fast approaching 73. This past year one of my oldest friends 55 years of friend ship passed! He has 3 nice bikes that I'm trying to sell for his wife. And I have one that I would sell if someone showed interest. But I can't even post a picture! Let alone a for sale thread in market place unless I spend money, SORRY NO money here. So this forum is of little help. And these nice custom bikes will just set & collect dust I guess? Anyway I will post here & their to meet the 10 post goal so I can post pictures. But will probably be bombed off once I mention they are for sale. If you guys have any ideas where I can post these high end custom bikes Free (I have NO discretionary money, none) please inform me. Thank you, Ole' Bob.
Old 03-06-19, 06:15 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,599 Times in 3,785 Posts
Originally Posted by VanRAH
Greetings Guys & Gals; Active life has wound down for me as I'm fast approaching 73. This past year one of my oldest friends 55 years of friend ship passed! He has 3 nice bikes that I'm trying to sell for his wife. And I have one that I would sell if someone showed interest. But I can't even post a picture! Let alone a for sale thread in market place unless I spend money, SORRY NO money here. So this forum is of little help. And these nice custom bikes will just set & collect dust I guess? Anyway I will post here & their to meet the 10 post goal so I can post pictures. But will probably be bombed off once I mention they are for sale. If you guys have any ideas where I can post these high end custom bikes Free (I have NO discretionary money, none) please inform me. Thank you, Ole' Bob.
Bob,

As I posted when you joined Bike Forums back in February, if you would like to sell your bikes you need to be a paid member of the forum. You may post pics of your bikes but any hint of the bikes being offered for sale will be deleted.
Old 03-06-19, 06:29 PM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked 629 Times in 472 Posts
Welcome Bob, certainly sounds like you're 73

Try putting up an Ad in the local Post Office
Old 03-06-19, 06:38 PM
FBOATSB

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 913 Post(s)
Liked 515 Times in 344 Posts
Originally Posted by VanRAH

Ole' Bob, good of you to assist your friends wife. If you can't sell your bikes here you should try to sell locally, especially on the Madison craigslist.
Lots of people sell bikes here as well: https://nextdoor.com/login/
Facebook, letgo, or offerup are possible as well. All free. Good luck.
Old 03-07-19, 11:50 AM
VanRAH

Bikes: Colin Laing

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thank you Mr Cb400 Bill

Greetings cb400 Bill; Thank you for your help. I'm sorry that I took an end run around your rules, but it seemed like my only choice? As I find myself in a tough position these days. I only wish I was 30 or 40 years younger & I could contribute? I'll try try follow you rules in the future, but if I cross them I'm sure you will let me know. As for my old friend bikes, I plan to take pictures next week, get sizes & model #'s - names. You may ask why I don't have that info in my brain as I built two of his 3-4 bikes. Well that was back around 1990 & before? I had to let that info escape so I would have room for some other info that is also probably gone now too?
Mr Grain Brain, I could post at the Post Office, but it's only open 4 hours per day in a town of less than 200. So I'm guessing that few if any people in that town would spend over $99 on a bike. Like many here I fall into the group of individuals that you may say are unusual?? And what was your first clue that I'm bangin' on 73?
Mr FBOATSB, I will try to find this post again next week after I have info - pictures & check out the next door site. I just hope that my buddies wife doesn't change her mind & decide to hold off selling after all the hours I've put in following the various leads? Thank you everyone, Ole' Bob.
Old 03-09-19, 01:41 AM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,407 Times in 901 Posts
@VanRAH, you can always add the $3.00 to the purchase price of the bike... No?

If not Craigslist is always free. Or facebook market place.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 03-09-19, 02:45 PM
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 829 Posts
I just sold some of my fleet on Craigslist and had a wonderful experience. Give it a whirl Bob.
Old 03-14-19, 02:16 PM
Mansontm
EastBayBike

Bikes: Lemond Maillot Jaune, Volpe,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
If you are enjoy taking pictures with your phone or iPad, you should download can LetGo or OfferUp apps. The are all free of charge! Or just an old school Craigslist.. have fun!
Old 03-14-19, 03:13 PM
asilversun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you are on Facebook, you could also try Facebook Marketplace. I'm finding that for some things, there's more traffic there than on Craig's List. Good luck!