Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Cane Creek EESilk

Old 02-23-19, 09:47 PM
Planemaker

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Cane Creek EESilk

Finally braved the weather and got a ride in with the Cane Creek EESilk seat post.

I can tell you that I could really feel the bumps smooth out over the ride. I'm looking forward to some longer gravel rides this spring.
Old 02-24-19, 07:50 AM
Lava
Reno/Seattle/NYC

Bikes: Cannondale Topstone 105

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
That's great to hear! I've been looking forward to hearing more about it after seeing it mentioned in Bikepacking's 2018 review. Did you have any previous experience with seatpost based suspension, or is this your first?
Old 02-24-19, 07:23 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Also consider a Fabric Scoop saddle with flexible nylon base.

It flexes like wings and can be felt over rough surfaces.
Old 02-24-19, 07:32 PM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Already riding down in Witchita? So jelly. Just got plastered by another 8"+ of snow. Getting real sick of it...
Old 02-25-19, 09:40 PM
Planemaker

Originally Posted by Marcus_Ti
Already riding down in Witchita? So jelly. Just got plastered by another 8"+ of snow. Getting real sick of it...
It's been tough getting out in Wichita as well. The gravel is more like soup with it being so wet so, we are stuck on the road.

Looks like winter returns tomorrow and it will be here for a while. It's not supposed to get out of the 40's for the next several days. The first race of the season is a 50 mile race on March 9, the forecast is 42 with snow and rain. That is preceded by several days of snow and ice.
Old 03-12-19, 01:10 PM
Planemaker

Quick update. I've gotten about 75 gravel miles in with the Seller Anatomica Saddle and EEsilk combo and the ride over the washboards is much smoother.
Old 03-12-19, 02:57 PM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by Planemaker
It's been tough getting out in Wichita as well. The gravel is more like soup with it being so wet so, we are stuck on the road.

Looks like winter returns tomorrow and it will be here for a while. It's not supposed to get out of the 40's for the next several days. The first race of the season is a 50 mile race on March 9, the forecast is 42 with snow and rain. That is preceded by several days of snow and ice.
In my Fair City, the DOR has today all but demanded people don't even drive on gravel roads....ice melt has made them peanut butter already, and the rains are making them even worse.

I suspect none of the gravel riding up here will be less than peanut butter until May. Even the rails/trails.
Old 03-12-19, 04:33 PM
Planemaker

Originally Posted by Marcus_Ti
In my Fair City, the DOR has today all but demanded people don't even drive on gravel roads....ice melt has made them peanut butter already, and the rains are making them even worse.

I suspect none of the gravel riding up here will be less than peanut butter until May. Even the rails/trails.
The gravel 200 miles south of you is great. At least it was until all the rain today.

When I rode yesterday I picked a road I know is very fast. It was fun riding some gravel at 20+ mph.
Old 03-17-19, 07:22 PM
Planemaker

The combination of Selle Anatomica saddle and Cane Creek eeSilk seatpost did a great of smoothing out the ride over 100 miles of rough road conditions at Land Run. This is probably the best aftermarket purchase I've made with regards to gravel grinding.
Old 03-17-19, 08:03 PM
CodyDog

Bikes: Specialized Vado SL/Trek Fuel EXe

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Planemaker
The combination of Selle Anatomica saddle and Cane Creek eeSilk seatpost did a great of smoothing out the ride over 100 miles of rough road conditions at Land Run. This is probably the best aftermarket purchase I've made with regards to gravel grinding.
Which model of the Selle Anatomica do you have? Iv'e been looking at the X series.
Old 03-17-19, 08:10 PM
Planemaker

Originally Posted by CodyDog
Which model of the Selle Anatomica do you have? Iv'e been looking at the X series.
I've got the H2