Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Bianchi Intenso with Ultegra Di2 vs Bianchi Infinito with Ultegra

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-17, 12:57 PM
La Panamena

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello, trying to decide wether to go for a intenso, and with the price difference buy the electronic ultegra. or to buy the infinito cv with normal ultegra.
I will have a confortable bike with electronic shifts or a better frame with normal ultegra.
I've rode the intenso and love it but havent try the infinito.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-29-17, 11:47 PM
Grunts

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've ridden them both this past week (both 2017 models) and I could tell an immediate difference between the smoothness of the ride in the Infinito CV and the Intenso. The Intenso was just "jarring" compared to the I CV. Both good bikes, but I found the I CV head and shoulders better in ride quality. On shorter rides, I don't think it's $2,000 better of a ride, but it is certainly a more enjoyable ride, especially if you are riding more than 20 miles or more at a time.
Old 06-30-17, 12:04 AM
f4rrest
Farmer tan

Bikes: Allez, SuperSix Evo

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2870 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 23 Posts
I rented an intenso for an all-day ride. It was brand new, actually.

It felt as nice as the Supersix Evo I normally ride but without the DI2.

Seems like a great bike.
Old 07-01-17, 08:48 AM
dougphoto

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
Go for the CV, Ultegra is wonderful gear.
Old 07-26-17, 08:57 PM
Alex245

Bikes: 2016 Bianchi Infinito Ultegra 53cm

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bianchi Infinito Owners 2015-2017

Originally Posted by Grunts
I've ridden them both this past week (both 2017 models) and I could tell an immediate difference between the smoothness of the ride in the Infinito CV and the Intenso. The Intenso was just "jarring" compared to the I CV. Both good bikes, but I found the I CV head and shoulders better in ride quality. On shorter rides, I don't think it's $2,000 better of a ride, but it is certainly a more enjoyable ride, especially if you are riding more than 20 miles or more at a time.
Bikers Bianchi Infinito at $3700 or the Intenso at about $2k? Who owns an Infinito. Please give me your very honest review of, and experience on, your bike. thank you!

-Alex

Last edited by Alex245; 08-19-17 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-28-17, 04:06 PM
Sewellymon

Bikes: S- Works Tarmac, Bianchi Infinito CV, Spot Rollick 27.5'r, YETI ASR 29'r

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cannot speak to either -but just bought an Infinito CV frameset. HED Ardienne Black wheelset and Dura-Ace groupo (w Ultegra 32 rear cassette and derailleur). Can't wait.
Old 07-28-17, 05:09 PM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4739 Post(s)
Liked 1,533 Times in 1,004 Posts
Originally Posted by Sewellymon
Cannot speak to either -but just bought an Infinito CV frameset. HED Ardienne Black wheelset and Dura-Ace groupo (w Ultegra 32 rear cassette and derailleur). Can't wait.
Decent investment.. but you did this without even trying out an Infinito of some sort?
Old 07-28-17, 05:16 PM
Sewellymon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
Decent investment.. but you did this without even trying out an Infinito of some sort?
No... but these days that is not all that unusual. I've had a number of big - bling mt bikes in recent years and never pre-rode 'em. Sort of trusted the universal consensus and accepted that I'd be happy with whatever the ride is.

I rode a Roubuaix for a couple seasons, so I know what a squishy bike is. Last couple years it's a Cervello R3 Team (stiff, agile etc). I am 60- been away too lazy last 8 months, so comfort bike for the big miles ahead will be OK by me...
Old 07-28-17, 08:12 PM
sanmi

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I test rode both last year as well as an impulso. All mechanical groups and rim brakes. I absolutely loved the Infinito. Stiff responsive and fit well. I found the intenso soft in comparison and flexy in the BB area. I liked the feel of the impulso better.

I didn't want to spend the $$ and ended up with a late 80s bianchi Sport with modern Tiagra 4700. Fantastic ride for what I do. The geometry is almost identical to the Infinito and the superset tubing makes for a reasonably stiff bottom.

If I were you I would go Infinito without a doubt. Modern mechanical groups are excellent and the frame is superb. If you compare it side by side to the intenso, look at the shapes of the tubes. The geometry is similar but I think the difference in tuning shapes may make a real difference in ride quality.
Old 08-19-17, 07:53 AM
Alex245

Bikes: 2016 Bianchi Infinito Ultegra 53cm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grunts
thank you for posting. I bought an infinity 53cm. Now wondering if I should have gone with 50cm. Too late. Anyone have a 50cm and what are your dimensions. thanks!
Old 08-20-17, 07:25 PM
Grunts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You're going to love this set-up! If you're riding in mountains...even more so! If not, go with the 11-28 rear cog.
Old 08-22-17, 02:24 AM
sgvnut

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I went from an intenso to infinito. Very happy with it. You can definitely feel the CV tech. All bumps and potholes are kind of muted. Its hard to explain but if you'd definitely notice the difference once you ride it. You picked the right one. What color did you get?
Old 08-28-17, 11:44 AM
Sewellymon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've got 5 or 6 rides in on my new Infinito CV.

It's sort of hard to compare only because once you've thrown a leg over the new ride and start pedaling, that is your new reality. Be easier to differentiate if I had my old Cervelo still built up. Ride that then jump on the Infinito...

Suffice to say, 1st impression is it's a sweet ride. Seems stiff out of the saddle. I went from 58 cm to 56 cm, so the Infinito descends the twisties far better than it's predecessor. Weight is 16.75 lb., so that's in the realm.

Far too gaudy. I am at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena and most everybody rides a pretty subtle look. The Infinito is a rolling Euro-billboard. I plan to drop the coin to have it repainted with much more subtle graphics.

Last edited by Sewellymon; 08-28-17 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-04-17, 11:37 AM
Grunts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update/Far too Gaudy?

I've got 5 or 6 rides in on my new Infinito CV.

It's sort of hard to compare only because once you've thrown a leg over the new ride and start pedaling, that is your new reality. Be easier to differentiate if I had my old Cervelo still built up. Ride that then jump on the Infinito...

Suffice to say, 1st impression is it's a sweet ride. Seems stiff out of the saddle. I went from 58 cm to 56 cm, so the Infinito descends the twisties far better than it's predecessor. Weight is 16.75 lb., so that's in the realm.

Far too gaudy. I am at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena and most everybody rides a pretty subtle look. The Infinito is a rolling Euro-billboard. I plan to drop the coin to have it repainted with much more subtle graphics.
Well, I've ridden my Infinito CV 26 times and 550 miles in 2 months...enough to know what I like and don't like. I cannot imagine an endurance road bike having so many great qualities in one package:
1.) Smooth on all but un-improved roads (old country farm roads). Even there it's very tolerable. I've ridden over railroad tracks (seated), sewer covers, plastic trim from an RV and a medium stick I didn't see it time...all no problem.
2.) Beautiful geometry and paint.
3.) Makes want to ride and explore.

What I don't like:

Next...when you said it was gaudy, I realized that you have the Celeste and I have the matt black disc version, hardly gaudy. Also this frame comes in odd numbers not even (so those of us that had to try to fit into American frames that were too big or small can now have the "perfect" size for us.)

When I was younger I dreamed of the day I could own a Biachi celeste! Gaudy, ugly or not, it made me think of the Tour and soaked jerseys and grit in my teeth, sweat on my brow and someone who rides often and with passion and doesn't care about what others think about his frame.

Count me in as a Bianchi fanboy, celeste color labeling and all! My frame (with disc, which I wanted) only came in matt black and had I so wanted to take home your bike that reminded me of my days growing up and riding in La Canada and Pasadena (2 cities that border the Rose Bowl). Who cares what the Rosebowl crowd is riding! I would have killed to ride your bike at the Bowl if I could have afforded it in the day! Your bike screams legend, history, passion, pride and in my opinion ride quality. Sell it to me before you paint it! Please!