Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

1958-1960 Cinelli Model B

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-23, 03:04 AM
iab

Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3015 Post(s)
Liked 3,805 Times in 1,409 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged
This would make cycling an outlier amongst collectibles.
You have obviously never dabbled in the high stakes game of buggy whips. Nor beer bottles, stamps & model trains.
Old 04-19-23, 03:05 AM
iab

Originally Posted by panzerwagon
@iab — sorry that we’ve collectively driven your for-sale thread off the proverbial cliff.

Also, is there some C&V game of whack-a-troll mole going on that someone failed to mention?
No worries. I'm easily amused.
Old 04-20-23, 12:46 PM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked 1,323 Times in 674 Posts
C&V bikes are fairly reasonably priced in almost all cases with no examples of a C&V bike even getting close to the price of a modern equivalent. There is no indication of any substantial price increases in the C&V market and this is before the current enthusiasts age out and start dumping bikes into a market with very limited demand. Collecting 60’s to 80’s bikes is just not a thing for younger followers of the sport. This is very evident with the high prices people are getting for older BMX gear which the current generation of collectors can relate to.

This would make cycling an outlier amongst collectibles; cars, art, watches, sports memorabilia etc. all have a public sales component so that the greatest value is achieved by the seller. Your idea that there is a secret cabal of buyers paying top dollar for premium cycling collectables without any public knowledge really makes no sense. More likely these collectable bikes are ending up in basements, garages and sheds being sold for minor or no premium.

My Confente comment was relevant as it was the only case of a C&V bike being auctioned by a reputable larger auction house amongst other collectables I had ever encountered.

But this is good news to those people who enjoy acquiring and collecting memorable bicycles and makes it a reasonably affordable hobby. If someone wants another Paramount or Cinelli it is within reason and wether the price goes up or down a bit over the time of ownership it really is not a big deal in the big scheme of things. Not so much for the restoration where you rarely get your money back out again. Even worse for those like myself who rarely hang onto bikes and sell them and take the depreciation as I change them out.
https://road.cc/content/news/indurai...auction-300713

Looks like I am wrong on this one. Start scouring the cycling community there might be an opportunity out there. Maybe that back room deal cabal knew something the rest of us didn’t.

Last edited by Atlas Shrugged; 04-20-23 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-20-23, 04:14 PM
iab

Not even a rounding error when compared to the $2.2M for Jordan's shoes.

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/mi...20his%20career.
Old 04-21-23, 02:26 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,389 Times in 3,674 Posts
https://road.cc/content/news/indurai...auction-300713

Looks like I am wrong on this one. Start scouring the cycling community there might be an opportunity out there. Maybe that back room deal cabal knew something the rest of us didn’t.