Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Edge 830 Battery Life with Screen On All the Time?

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-19, 09:43 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts

Can someone who actually owns one tell me how long the battery lasts with the screen on all the time, glonass enabled and speed/cadence/heart rate sensors in use?

I'm not looking for Garmin's claimed battery life or what someone has read. If you actually have one then please let me know.

-Tim-
Old 07-20-19, 07:21 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,687 Times in 2,510 Posts
I started a thread about the 830 on the randon google group, because I need some convincing before I buy one. Mostly I was concerned that they fixed the navigation issues on long rides. That's still a question. There were positive reports about battery life. The funny thing is one person reported better battery life with the default settings than another person reported with all the battery saving options selected. Might just be measurement error. They were talking about 300k rides taking 1/3 the battery capacity. I'm somewhat suspicious about that number, because battery capacity can diminish rapidly as the state of charge gets lower. So the state of charge that they consider 0% is very important. And I haven't seen any reports that make me confident they have chosen wisely in that regard.