Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Boulder bike shops?

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Boulder bike shops?

Old 06-12-07, 07:40 PM
jjvw
MFA

Bikes: 1973 Italvega Nouvo Record; 1965 Hercules; 1982-83 Schwinn Mystery MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Boulder bike shops?

Greetings all,

[Cross-post warning!]
Near the end of this month I will be spending two weeks in Boulder, CO for work. I would like to buy a used bike while I am there, ride it, and then ship it back to Chicago when I leave. Are there any bike shops in the area that have a good selection of used bikes? My preference is older steel, and I'm open to mountain or road frames. I'm already watching the local CraigsList.

Thanks.

Last edited by jjvw; 06-12-07 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-12-07, 11:01 PM
bigwoo

Bikes: March [B]'71 Schwinn Sports Tourer [/B] [B]

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Hi JJVW,

I'm from Boulder. The community posts many great finds on CL, but you wont find too many bargain prices on Pearl St. You will however find many vintage beauties in the numerous shops, especially the fantastic museum on the ceiling of University Bikes....check out the Olympic bikes and the 3 Paramounts hanging up there....

PM me if you have no luck. I may be able to help you out with some old steel. And then you'll need to take it for a spin up to NCAR.... Beautiful riding up there.....

(The Boulder vintage bicycle swap is next weekend!!!!)

Last edited by bigwoo; 06-13-07 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-13-07, 09:28 AM
schiavonec

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CL isn't a bad option. However, there are lots of folks that buy and flip/ebay when there are deals out there. Most options on CL are probably fair prices.

since school is out for the summer, there are fewer people to sell, but perhaps more availability. There is a coop, but they seemed to charge higher prices (but then again, I am comparing that to a garage sale find or CL prices)

I have a 'beater' early 90s 18" miyata elevation 300 3x7spd, partially lugged triple butted with a rack. I bought it and put on new fenders. It has horiz dropouts and is perfect for a SS converstion, etc. but runs fine as is (could use full tune up) PM me if interested, as I have to cull the heard and it just sits attached to the kiddie trailer these days: expanding family an 0 time quashed my meager hopes with this ride.