Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Power In Motion (PIM e-Bikes)

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-17, 09:14 PM
JackA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Out of Redmond, Washington comes the PIM line of e-Bikes. The design and development team that launched the Polaris e-Bike has taken the line back from Polaris and is attempting to make a go of it as a separate independent direct to consumer sales company. My thought in opening this thread is that it will be useful to have a forum to talk about these bikes and that some of us might get together to ride or promote e-Bikes in general. At this point Charlene and I have two Polaris branded Terrain 503s, a PIM Comfort "Benny" and a Dualsport "Archer". The batteries are swap-able as are most of the components.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Lincoln Rock Small.jpg (102.0 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by JackA; 09-16-17 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-19-17, 09:03 AM
JackA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PIM 380 Wh Battery

I just rode my Polaris Terrain 503 with a PIM 380 Wh battery. Really like the additional range. I think many of the PIM components will fit in the discontinued Polaris e-Bikes.
Attached Images
PIM Curlew Lake Medium.jpg (99.3 KB, 141 views)
Old 11-02-17, 08:49 AM
JackA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PIM e-Bike website has parts for Polaris e-Bikes listed for sale. Hub motor with wheel and batteries are on the list as is the handle bar mounted display.
Old 11-21-17, 10:10 AM
JackA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Invitation to Register

The ability to let PIM know you have one of their e-Bikes is now available on their Internet Home Page.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the “Warranty Registration” button; you can register your bike and your batteries.

Why would you do this? I can think of two reasons. First, the Lithium battery packs may at some future time be subject to recall or upgrade and if PIM does not know you have one they will not be able to contact you. Second’ if your bike is stolen and you can’t find the serial number you would be able to contact PIM and get it.

Do you plan to register?
Attached Images
PIM Registration.jpg (58.2 KB, 114 views)
Old 11-21-17, 10:30 PM
JackA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PIM Sale

Time to buy...

PIM Sale.jpg
Attached Images
PIM Sale.jpg (51.0 KB, 115 views)
Old 11-21-17, 11:19 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 613 Posts
This is beginning to look like an advertisement.
Old 11-22-17, 12:32 AM
JackA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just saw this on their website and thought others might be interested in taking advantage of the saving; so, I guess it is an advertisement.
Old 11-22-17, 01:39 AM
Joe Remi

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 74 Posts
Originally Posted by JackA
I just saw this on their website and thought others might be interested in taking advantage of the saving; so, I guess it is an advertisement.
You seem to be running this thread as an ongoing advertisment for a company you're involved in. That's spam.
Old 11-22-17, 10:07 AM
2old

Hope this forum doesn't become a repository for companies that can't sell their e-bikes through normal channels. I was going to remain silent about my demo ride on the Polaris (pretty sure it was at the San Diego expo in 2016). IMO, this bike stands out as one of the worst of the many that I've ridden through the years.
Old 11-22-17, 10:14 AM
JackA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Remi
You seem to be running this thread as an ongoing advertisment for a company you're involved in. That's spam.
I may be a "Fan Boy" but not part of the company... I was expecting that some PIM riders would join the conversation on this forum. Please re-read the first post to see why I opened this thread.
Old 11-22-17, 10:30 AM
JackA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
Hope this forum doesn't become a repository for companies that can't sell their e-bikes through normal channels. I was going to remain silent about my demo ride on the Polaris (pretty sure it was at the San Diego expo in 2016). IMO, this bike stands out as one of the worst of the many that I've ridden through the years.
It would be fair if you more fully describe your experience; what flaws did you encounter that made this "...one of the worst..." your input might save a potential e-Bike purchaser from making a poor choice.
Old 11-22-17, 11:02 AM
2old

It's been two years (or so), but IMO the bike was ponderous and the rear motor lacked power. Obviously, it was difficult to determine much on a short ride, but I remember it as not being fun. Polaris, in my mind, had an excellent reputation from their motorcycle background and I expected a lot more.
Old 11-22-17, 11:12 AM
Joe Remi

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 74 Posts
Originally Posted by JackA
I may be a "Fan Boy" but not part of the company... I was expecting that some PIM riders would join the conversation on this forum. Please re-read the first post to see why I opened this thread.
Yeah, I get what the story of the thread is, I also get what "time to buy" is. This forum is intended to share knowledge and experiences about ebikes. What you're doing is running an ongoing thread promoting traffic to a website, and you're the only participant in the discussion. I'll leave it to the moderators to decide if this breaks the letter of the rules, but it certainly breaks the spirit of them.
Old 02-14-18, 10:27 AM
JackA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Route of the Hiawatha

Has anyone ridden the Hiawatha Trail in Idaho/Montana on their e-Bike? It looks like a Rail-to-Trail project so grades should be slight, has tunnels and tressels so should be interesting.
Old 08-29-19, 08:03 PM
jrumj206

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well this sucks - I was also looking at this thread to see what other owners had to share about the bikes. I don't have much experience with E-bikes and purchased mine used but in very good condition. I feel like it has a good design and good core but many of the accessories and peripherals are cheaply made. Looking to upgrade things such as shifters, throttle (purchased directly from website and it's complete trash for $50), and a few other minor things I am interested in maybe swapping out. Anyone on here knowledgeable on these bikes?
Old 09-30-19, 12:56 PM
smxbob

Bikes: PIM Archer, Trek Madone 5.2, Novara Safari, Softride

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They no longer sell the bikes and I doubt they have any parts left. The biggest problem is with batteries. They refused to get any due to the trade wars with China (cost) but they don't last a year unfortunately. And since there doesn't appear to be many discussions on this brand we may be out of luck.
Old 10-01-19, 10:21 AM
fly135

Bikes: iZip E3 Peak DS, Magnum Metro, GT Tachyon, K2 Sidewinder

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 21 Posts
I was going to remain silent about my demo ride on the Polaris (pretty sure it was at the San Diego expo in 2016). IMO, this bike stands out as one of the worst of the many that I've ridden through the years.
This is more of a hit and run than an informative comment. It's hard to even imagine what could possibly make it the worst of many. Were the handlebars falling off? The motor running backwards? Speed limited to 8mph? Battery dies after 1 mile? Seat was a bed of nails?
Old 10-01-19, 11:03 AM
2old

Originally Posted by fly135
This is more of a hit and run than an informative comment. It's hard to even imagine what could possibly make it the worst of many. Were the handlebars falling off? The motor running backwards? Speed limited to 8mph? Battery dies after 1 mile? Seat was a bed of nails?
This question has already been asked and answered. read all the posts.
Old 10-01-19, 02:19 PM
fly135

Bikes: iZip E3 Peak DS, Magnum Metro, GT Tachyon, K2 Sidewinder

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 21 Posts
This question has already been asked and answered. read all the posts.
Sorry, missed that post. Also didn't realize this was a really old thread, or I wouldn't have even made a comment.
Old 10-02-19, 02:42 PM
smxbob

Bikes: PIM Archer, Trek Madone 5.2, Novara Safari, Softride

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't why people whine about reviving an old post. Create a new one then they'll whine that its been discussed.
Old 12-24-19, 05:45 PM
Kelly B

Bikes: PIM Zaine

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smxbob
They no longer sell the bikes and I doubt they have any parts left. The biggest problem is with batteries. They refused to get any due to the trade wars with China (cost) but they don't last a year unfortunately. And since there doesn't appear to be many discussions on this brand we may be out of luck.
I recently discovered this, they also shut down their website and opened a new facebook page replacing their old one.

My battery went bad at around 2000 miles just after the warranty expired.

No help from pim