Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Reassembling Tektro brake levers

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-21, 07:05 PM
rumstove
Riding after dark

Bikes: Raleigh Tripper (coaster brake), Raleigh One Way, '97 Specialized Rockhopper

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 25 Posts

Given the stamps on the inside I think these are R200 brakes. I have all the pieces but I'm not sure on how they all go back in...as in the spring. I believe the spring goes around the black plastic piece on the left (with the metal cylinder sticking out in the photo) but which way does the spring go in? What pieces does the spring wrap around? I think the "hook" part of the spring wraps around the small screw on the brake hood part (not shown). And no, I'm not the one that took these completely apart...I'm trying to help out my brother. Thank you for any help.

Old 08-17-21, 08:30 PM
rumstove
Riding after dark

Bikes: Raleigh Tripper (coaster brake), Raleigh One Way, '97 Specialized Rockhopper

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Woohoo I figured it out. One done, one to go!
Old 09-14-23, 06:45 PM
BigPoet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Would you say that the spring encircles the path of the bolt, with the long end extending toward the nose, or toward the end of the grip?