Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Where do I go?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-09, 11:55 AM
jnorto06

Bikes: Kona Jake

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Where do I go?

I'm in Iraq, as stated in other post, and I really want to find a cx bike to train on while im over here. So does anyone know where I can find a cheap new or used cx bike for about 200.00 i dont care if its all steel and 10 years old just something that i can ride. My size is a 56.
Old 05-12-09, 02:54 PM
adamt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iraq.craigslist.org?

sorry - could not resist.

I think shipping a bike over there would be more than $200
Old 05-12-09, 03:09 PM
dirtyphotons
antisocialite

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
yeah man, the shipping prices to iraq via usps (kinda surprised they can even do that) are right around $200 for something the weight of a bike. probably more because of the size as well.

do you know of a way to get it there cheaper, or were you asking to see if there was something available locally? maybe try contacting the USO to see if they have any recommendations? i bet there are tons of guys who have been in your situation, so maybe they can at least point you in the right direction. if other troops have bikes there, they probably leave them when they end their tours.

if you do have a way of getting it over there, i can probably help find you/build you something real cheap that will work.
Old 05-30-09, 11:19 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
Hello is it very hilly there? are you able to assemble your own bike? I would recomend this as anything you find on ebay or craigs list for 200 will likely be a real piece of junk or need alot of work. https://www.bikesdirect.com/products/.../clockwork.htm one speed with brakes. very easy to assemble and maintain. plus if you are a beginner the single speed will help you learn to 'spinn' and teach your leggs good muscle memory. check with them on shipping, you are in the service yes? it might be affordable if you goes through a APO address.