Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Post pictures of your Hybrid

Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Post pictures of your Hybrid

Old 04-01-20, 07:20 PM
InvertedMP 

Bikes: 2021 Scott Addict RC 20

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked 269 Times in 104 Posts
Great first ride on the new beast.

Old 04-01-20, 09:05 PM
Batstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 175 Times in 79 Posts
Sweet! I picked mine up last year during a clearance sale at a LBS and then rode it like I stole it.

The Metrix tends to fly under the radar for most but as a sub 20lb bike equipped with 105 components, I would definitely consider it a sleeper. I’ve had people question me on the bike’s identity as there is little brand indication other than a few small decals on the frame and fork. The largest is surreptitiously placed on the underside of the DT. Waiting for the snow to melt before I’m able to take my 10 out on the road. New upgrades are on the way and hope to have them installed soon.
Old 04-01-20, 09:08 PM
InvertedMP 

Originally Posted by Batstar
Sweet! I picked mine up last year during a clearance sale at a LBS and then rode it like I stole it.

The Metrix tends to fly under the radar for most but as a sub 20lb bike equipped with 105 components, I would definitely consider it a sleeper. I’ve had people question me on the bike’s identity as there is little brand indication other than a few small decals on the frame and fork. The largest is surreptitiously placed on the underside of the DT. Waiting for the snow to melt before I’m able to take my 10 out on the road. New upgrades are on the way and hope to have them installed soon.
Thanks to you I bought my 3rd bike in a month lol. Seriously I saw the pics you posted and I couldn’t get this bike out of my mind. Then I looked at the specs and it’s a solid bike, I really is. Full carbon, 105, disc brakes etc. I am really loving it so far.

I am happy with the price I got it for, being last years model.
Likes For InvertedMP:
Old 04-04-20, 11:25 AM
camjr

Bikes: 1976 Motobecane Grand Touring, 2013 Fuji Absolute 2.1 hybrid, 2000 Mongoose S2000 MTB, 2009 Schwinn Jaguar beach cruiser

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 99 Posts
I took a couple of my 2013 Fuji Absolute 2.1 on an unseasonably cold ride this morning.

Cheers

Old 04-04-20, 12:56 PM
denada

Bikes: '07 jamis venture race, '19 trek fx sport 4

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 22 Posts
check out what the guy did with the trek 700 he bought from me ...

the process...
Spoiler

he changed everything but headset, wheels, chain, and rear derailleur. new breaks, new drivechain (1x at that!), new handlebar (dropbars), new tires (my tires were awesome for city riding; he is using it for some sort of gravel racing now), new rear shifter, new pedals. right now, the saddle and seat post are the same, but he said he plans on changing them. the parts are on order.

he did a good job. it looks awesome. he said he's not selling it; he's keeping it for himself. because the frame fits him perfect. it's a good frame. 90s were the golden era of bike frames. his name is ernesto and his company is kuma bicycle company and his personal bicycle project website secret stash. he deserves credit for such great work.

yesterday was its maiden voyage after the conversion. i hope he keeps on liking it. even though i was not the original owner, i put over 1k miles on that bike and a lot of work into it. happy to see it live on in a new and fun form.

the before ...

above has the original tires and shifter on it. i had changed to slick wheels and replaced the shifter because it broke ...

how do you do the quote that only shows the top but then fades unless the user clicks? can't believe this site still uses vbulletin.

Last edited by denada; 04-05-20 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-04-20, 01:39 PM
rseeker

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 149 Times in 104 Posts
Originally Posted by denada
check out what the guy did with the trek 700 he bought from me ...
That's cool. I remember when you bought that. Like you said, great to see it living on.

What did you replace the broken shifter with? From the accent stripes on the grip part I guess that's SRAM? Was that friction or indexed? And if it was friction, how did you like that?
Old 04-04-20, 07:46 PM
denada

Bikes: '07 jamis venture race, '19 trek fx sport 4

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 22 Posts
^yes, sram. rei sells them in a set with cables for $20. i sold the back one for $10, so it was a cheap fix. friction. didn't make much of a difference to me. i almost never shifted chainrings. it pretty much lived on the middle of the three.

thanks! yes, wasn't that long ago. i used it a ton in that time though. hope it serves the new owner well as it did me.

Last edited by denada; 04-04-20 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-05-20, 12:19 PM
Greg C.

Bikes: 1990 Trek 970, 95 Schwinn Searcher, 2012 Trek Wasabi cruiser

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 7 Posts
Trek 970

Plan was to make it a hybrid but maybe it's still a mountain bike? Anyway it's almost completely worked over with new cables, cassette, chain rings, shifters, handlebar, seat, tires, tubes and lube. The chain was within spec. I picked this up locally from FB Marketplace. I kept the original brakes but removed the integrated shifters and tossed them. It's something fun to ride with my wife's Trek MB and my neighbor's Giant MB. It still need a rack or some type of carrier. Also I'm not sure about that seat. Time will tell.

Old 04-05-20, 01:05 PM
bent4me

Bikes: Recumbents and all HPV'S

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts
My Steel is Real Motobecane

Old 04-10-20, 02:08 PM
henristig

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 1 Post
I guess this is a hybrid, right..?

Just built up last week out of an early 90's Gazelle Champion Mondial AB that had been sat in the basement for many years and only brought out for a ride once or twice a year.

It all started with the typical spring bike fever. A bike messenger collegue of mine was shifting his fixed gear work bike as he was moving abroad and I was jonesing for a new summer work bike to enjoy the weather on. This craving came with guilt as I knew I had that pristine Gazelle that I barely rode - always thought it was too nice to thrash, built as a sunday ride etc. - and I already had a fixed gear work bike - bit of a beater but anyway.

I mulled it over and ended up passing up on having yet another bike in my garage, and instead committed to make the Gazelle into something I'll actually ride and enjoy on a regular basis. There's nothing more sorry than a nice bike being unridden. The nature of a bike is in its function; to really appreciate a nice bike is not to preserve it as a collectible, but to thrash it as often and hard
as you can and cherish the scars you put on it.

​​Off with the drops and brifters, new stem, tyres, flat bar and thumbies; and so this was born as my fair weather work bike - the triple rush machine to supplement my fixed gear and my retro mtb. Gotta say I'm pretty friggin' pleased with how it turned out, and I'm enjoying the ride 10x more now that I've overcome the collector's mindset with this frame.

​​​​​​

Last edited by henristig; 04-12-20 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-10-20, 03:02 PM
InvertedMP 

Old 04-14-20, 07:08 AM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 990 Times in 484 Posts
Originally Posted by henristig
I guess this is a hybrid, right..?

Just built up last week out of an early 90's Gazelle Champion Mondial AB that had been sat in the basement for many years and only brought out for a ride once or twice a year.

It all started with the typical spring bike fever. A bike messenger collegue of mine was shifting his fixed gear work bike as he was moving abroad and I was jonesing for a new summer work bike to enjoy the weather on. This craving came with guilt as I knew I had that pristine Gazelle that I barely rode - always thought it was too nice to thrash, built as a sunday ride etc. - and I already had a fixed gear work bike - bit of a beater but anyway.

I mulled it over and ended up passing up on having yet another bike in my garage, and instead committed to make the Gazelle into something I'll actually ride and enjoy on a regular basis. There's nothing more sorry than a nice bike being unridden. The nature of a bike is in its function; to really appreciate a nice bike is not to preserve it as a collectible, but to thrash it as often and hard
as you can and cherish the scars you put on it.

​​Off with the drops and brifters, new stem, tyres, flat bar and thumbies; and so this was born as my fair weather work bike - the triple rush machine to supplement my fixed gear and my retro mtb. Gotta say I'm pretty friggin' pleased with how it turned out, and I'm enjoying the ride 10x more now that I've overcome the collector's mindset with this frame.

​​​​​​
That's a well done conversion. What thumbies are you using? Tricolor is so versatile
Likes For DorkDisk:
Old 04-14-20, 10:49 AM
henristig

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 1 Post
Thanks! Yep, tried a few different cranks and mechs but nothing looked as right as the tricolor on that bike! Glad you noticed. The thumbies are old Shimano mt62's, been on three bikes before this one - absolute bombproof and such satisfying action! Definitely on my shortlist for greatest bike component of all time!
Old 04-14-20, 09:27 PM
Dave P

Bikes: Trek Madone, Niner Air 9, Salsa Vaya, Lotus Unique

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Wow! She's looking excellent, @henristig. The bike looks like it's doing 20mph, at rest. Nice job.
Old 04-15-20, 07:56 AM
flan48

Bikes: Cannondale Quick 2

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by InvertedMP
Great first ride on the new beast.

Very sharp - enjoy!
Best regards

Last edited by flan48; 04-15-20 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Wrong age
Old 04-19-20, 10:19 AM
bent4me

Bikes: Recumbents and all HPV'S

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts
My Steel is Real Motobecane

Old 04-19-20, 05:35 PM
captain belly

Bikes: 1994 Giant Iguana and 2020 Trek Verve 3

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 8 Posts
Trek Verve 3

Just bought this bike and rode it to the largest Burr Oak in Missouri

Last edited by captain belly; 04-19-20 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-20-20, 04:36 AM
subgrade

Bikes: Focus Crater Lake

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 204 Posts
Focus Crater Lake

Likes For subgrade:
Old 04-20-20, 06:01 AM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1438 Post(s)
Liked 749 Times in 559 Posts
Originally Posted by captain belly
Just bought this bike and rode it to the largest Burr Oak in Missouri
Looks good! Trek's new Verves are really good-looking bikes to me.
Old 04-22-20, 09:33 AM
Imperatore

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
FX 3 Disc (2020) ride around Houston, TX.
XL - Dnister Black
Replaced factory saddle with Bontrager Aeolus Comp.

At Retrospect Coffee on Alabama Street.

East of Downtown Art/Murals (New Kobe art)

Downtown Houston in the background.

Last edited by Imperatore; 04-22-20 at 09:51 AM. Reason: added bike details
Old 04-22-20, 09:52 AM
camjr

Bikes: 1976 Motobecane Grand Touring, 2013 Fuji Absolute 2.1 hybrid, 2000 Mongoose S2000 MTB, 2009 Schwinn Jaguar beach cruiser

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by bent4me
That's a nice looking ride. I've got a steel Moto as well, but it's a 1976 French made Grand Touring!

Cheers
Old 04-26-20, 06:57 PM
FormeriPhoney

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Upgraded from my escape 2 to a ROAM2 so I can take it off the road for some light fun.
Likes For FormeriPhoney:
Old 04-29-20, 06:08 PM
Stash95

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think a hybrid will be my next bike
Old 05-11-20, 04:39 AM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Liked 1,215 Times in 677 Posts
Never knew this sub-forum existed, here is the 1995 Gazelle Lausanne Hybride X-tra Lite (build thread) I rebuilt for my girlfriend as a daily commuter last year.

Before:

After:
Old 05-11-20, 05:27 AM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 990 Times in 484 Posts
Originally Posted by JaccoW
Never knew this sub-forum existed, here is the 1995 Gazelle Lausanne Hybride X-tra Lite (build thread) I rebuilt for my girlfriend as a daily commuter last year.

Before:

After:
Great job, beautiful chainguard and well curated parts overall. Mixte + cantis look versatile. I built two nice city bikes (1 mixte, 1 MTB) for my wife but she doesn't ride them very much.
Likes For DorkDisk:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.