Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Greetings from New Joisey

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-18, 02:07 PM
RobotGuy
Semi-Pro Bowler

Bikes: ‘02 LeMond Tete De Course Titanium (road), ‘98 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo (mtb), ‘88 GT Mach One (BMX)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hey there everyone. The name is Dan, been lurking around BF over the years - been a big help for info on parts and tech. Finally joined. I’m a recreational rider (road, mtb, and even my old BMX from time to time). prefer semi-vintage / mid school steel and titanium (90’s / 2000’s). Love riding but I think I love building them a bit more.

I’ll add a couple shots of my newest build soon as I figr our how - a cherry ‘02 LeMond Tete de Course. I’ve also been known to ride an ‘01 Zurich, ‘98 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo and my ‘88 GT Mach One that I’ve owned since new.
Old 03-19-18, 05:21 PM
RobotGuy
Semi-Pro Bowler

Bikes: ‘02 LeMond Tete De Course Titanium (road), ‘98 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo (mtb), ‘88 GT Mach One (BMX)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Titanium Lounge Chair

Ok, here’s a couple of shots of the the Tete de Course. Frame and fork are NOS (pretty sure they’re unbuilt warranty replacements). Not a young man anymore, so added carbon contact points to help the titanium frame and carbon fork to keep the buzz down. As she sits, she’s quite the comfy tourer. Real titanium lounge chair.
Attached Images
Old 03-19-18, 07:18 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3089 Post(s)
Liked 6,593 Times in 3,781 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums. Nice Lemond you have there.
Old 03-19-18, 08:52 PM
LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11400 Post(s)
Liked 4,748 Times in 2,764 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums, RobotGuy! Cool LeMond, for sure!
Old 03-20-18, 12:39 PM
RobotGuy
Semi-Pro Bowler

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cb400bill
Welcome to Bike Forums. Nice Lemond you have there.
Thanks for the kind words, Bill.

Originally Posted by LAJ
Welcome to Bike Forums, RobotGuy! Cool LeMond, for sure!
Thanks, J!
Old 03-20-18, 05:56 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,406 Times in 900 Posts
Well well well, Dan! Glad to see you join and thank you for the upgraded account! You have a very pretty bike there! I have carbon fork on my Moots, so I'm right there with you!
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 03-20-18, 05:59 PM
Warren128

Bikes: 87 Raleigh 531C Team Replica, 96 Litespeed Classic, 01 Lemond Tete-De-Course, 99 Mongoose RX10.9, 03 Lemond Wayzata, 00 Litespeed Appalachian, 99 Bianchi XL Boron, 98 Litespeed Tuscany

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 27 Posts
Welcome RobotGuy, I also have a pair of Lemonds, both 2001, A Tete-de-Course, and a Zurich. They are great riding and handling bikes
Old 03-21-18, 05:49 AM
RobotGuy
Semi-Pro Bowler

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
Well well well, Dan! Glad to see you join and thank you for the upgraded account! You have a very pretty bike there! I have carbon fork on my Moots, so I'm right there with you!
Thanks, Blue. Yeah, high end Ti forks are great, but I love the feel of a carbon fork for sure.

Originally Posted by Warren128
Welcome RobotGuy, I also have a pair of Lemonds, both 2001, A Tete-de-Course, and a Zurich. They are great riding and handling bikes
How cool, basically the same stable. I’m a big fan of LeMond (both the man and the bike) - as you can see. The geometry is just right for me and boy do they ride beautifully. My ‘01 Zurich was my everyday bike - a buttery ride that I almost feel bad trying out Ti.

But I have to say, the Tete de Course is a lovely ride indeed. It’s a new build so I’m still tweaking the fit, but she’s proven to be fast, stable and very smooth.