Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Charity Events
Reload this Page >

Charity Bike Trip to Niagara Falls!

Notices
Charity Events Whether you're looking for riders, sponsors, or volunteers, this is the place to tell the world that cyclists can make a difference.

Old 05-15-18, 03:25 PM
willarmstrong

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello fellow cyclists!

My buddy and I are a couple University of Maryland students planning to do a 3 day ride from Maryland to Niagara Falls, NY (About 400mi). We are dedicating the ride to the Children's National Medical Center in Washington DC.

Just a little bit about us:
We have been doing a big bike trip every summer for the past few years. One year we did the GAP and C&O canal in a week (350mi). Another year we decided to do the C&O canal in 24 hours (184mi). Just last summer we biked from our hometown in Maryland to Ocean City, MD in 24 hours (215mi). If you can't already tell, we love to push our body's limits on a bike. Within the next few years (probably after school) we hope to bike across the country. I think there would be no better way to see the world we live in than on a bike!

Our mission:
This is the first year we are riding for a charity. Every other ride has just been for fun, but this one we needed a little extra motivation. We realized that by simply doing something we love, we can help real people and change real lives. If riding for a cause like this doesn't help you get out of bed in the morning to train then I don't know what will! Children's National Medical Center is a not-for-profit hospital and is ranked among the best pediatric hospitals in the world. The reason we chose them Children's National is because of the impact we have seen them have on kids through events at the University of Maryland such as TerpThon. It was an easy decision.

Our Goal:
We each set personal fundraising goals of $250 and hope to get donations along the way. If you or someone you know is interested in supporting our ride, please DM me or find me on Justgiving with the campaign title "Colin and Will Bike to Niagara." Donations of any size will be greatly appreciated!

Overall, we are just a couple of guys who love to experience the world on two wheels. If you have any questions don't hesitate to DM me!

Thanks for reading!