Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Live Tracking using a Wahoo

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-21, 02:57 PM
jbithaca

Bikes: Fuji Jari Carbon 1.1, Honey Winterando (made by Seven), Litespeed Arenberg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Do any of you use the Live Tracking on a Wahoo device? If so, can you give an estimate of how much % wise it drains your battery?

Thanks,

Jim
Old 04-12-21, 03:19 PM
Bearhawker

Bikes: '23 Devinci Hatchet Carbon Apex1 '19 Norco Bigfoot 6.1 ,'12 Motobecane Turino (killed by dog crash), '12 Trek 3700 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 74 Posts
I have and it seems to not affect it too badly, but I've never tried to do a 15 hour ride yet to test the roam's battery life.

That said, the live tracking works through the phone (like many other features with the wahoos) and on my longest-yet rides of 6 hours or so the worst drain on the battery was the cell phone being out of range most of the day and the cell-service search used a LOT more battery than all of the roam's connected features.

How big is your phone's battery? lol