Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

ETap WiFli

Search
Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

ETap WiFli

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-18, 07:26 PM
paulf99223

Bikes: Santana Beyond, Pinarello Dogma, Ritchey Breakaway, Homemade Bamboo SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
that's a handsome solution. I saw some pics of what I assumed was your filament tandem with these cranks?
Did you stay with the 36 inner chainring?
What Cassette are you using?
Any shift or chainline issues?
Was the lightning crank originally a triple or did you get the spacers/gates drive added to the outside of a double spider?
Is it a stock wifli etap derailleur or did you add a custom longer derailleur cage?
Did it need a wolf link der. hangar?
Our bike is S&S coupled and I was thinking of TRP Hy/rd brakes to make dealing with the take-a-part easier
What do you think about the columbus fork? I would have to change our fork to put a front disc on the Santana Beyond. Sorry for the deluge of questions,
I Would sure appreciate the help. By the way the filament is gorgeous, bet it's a nice ride. We're in Spokane and get around the NW a bit, hopefully meet on a ride. - Paul
Old 12-06-18, 10:43 AM
Bad1

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
The Lightning right side drive displayed in the picture is on my Filament tandem, we use multiple gearing depending on were we are riding up front 52/36, 52/34, 50/34, in the rear 11/32, 11/36, 11/40. The chain line is spot on as is the shifting, the spider is a double and the spacer is large enough to accommodate a 130 bcd and a 110 bcd as shown in the picture. The rear derailleur is stock wifli with Wolf road link, We had previously used the TRP Hy/rd with being satisfied with their performance while a waiting for Sram to bring to market their hydraulic brake system. You will be more than happy with the Columbus fork it is rock solid and performs well.
The Filament with its custom race geometry is one smooth ride.
Old 12-06-18, 11:27 AM
paulf99223

Bikes: Santana Beyond, Pinarello Dogma, Ritchey Breakaway, Homemade Bamboo SS

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the full; data dump. I think it gives me what I need to get the conversions done. See you on the road.
Old 05-17-20, 10:42 AM
Ashun

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bmartinek
Hey Tandem Wifli Folks!

I've ordered our new tandem frame! A Ritchey Switchback, very excited. In the process of ordering all the parts now, but the bike shop I am working with is still trying to figure the crank setup. If soemone could post some pictures of their FSA cranks and possibly their derailuer mounting that would be a huge help. Thanks in advance!!!
We are also just stated to build up a new switchback and I am a complete newbie, if you could share your final setup esp concerning the etap setup, it will be a great help, thanks !