Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Utility Cycling
Reload this Page >

Big kiid Yepp Junior seat and Hooptie on Big Dummy?

Notices
Utility Cycling Want to haul groceries, beer, maybe even your kids? You don't have to live car free to put your bike to use as a workhorse. Here's the place to share and learn about the bicycle as a utility vehicle.

Big kiid Yepp Junior seat and Hooptie on Big Dummy?

Old 11-08-18, 08:48 AM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Liked 732 Times in 419 Posts
Big kid Yepp Junior seat and Hooptie on Big Dummy?

I'm seriously concidering a Surly Big Dummy. I will need to mount a big kid seat like the Yepp Junior.

Yepp Junior

And a set of Xtracycle Hooptie's.

I gather that there are some compatability issues between the different generations of Big Dummy and Xtracycle. Does any one know what parts I will need to make this work? thanks, Woody
Old 11-08-18, 07:05 PM
Nightdiver
On yer bike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Don't know about the compatibility issues, but just wanted to ask why the Big Dummy? If one of my main uses was carrying a larger passenger on the rear, I'd go with a smaller wheel option like the Xtracycle Edgerunner or Yuba Sweet Curry. Both of those will take some sort of bar system without issues and keep the weight lower than the Big Dummy.
Old 11-10-18, 07:57 AM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Liked 732 Times in 419 Posts
I've gone through the various permutations and it seems like the Dummy is more likely to stay in the family as a "truck" or touring bike. We also live in a a rural area so the more usual ride is 15 to 30 mile for coffee, ice cream and playgrounds.