Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

70's Shimano japan frame

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-20, 04:12 PM
leoflbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
70's Shimano japan frame

I bought frame no head badge I though it might be a schwinn paramount but I don't think it is It has 2 numbers on bottom of crank it is cromally based billited. It looks just like my le tour but it has a frame drop out. mount for derailleur it is stamped Shiman japan on rear tang above and below rear axle slide.
Anyone have any ideas?
Old 07-29-20, 05:29 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3812 Post(s)
Liked 3,342 Times in 2,180 Posts
-----

Welcome to the forum leoflbike!

You are not going to get much assistance with this until such time as you are able to supply some imagery...

Two workarounds are to post images to your "member's album" or to post them to a third party host and then post the url in this thread in a munged form to get it past the censor.

We appreciate it is inconvenient but it is an anti-spam measure...

Once you have ten posts you shall be able to:

a) "go everwhar"

&

b) "do everthin' "

-----

Last edited by juvela; 07-29-20 at 05:37 PM. Reason: addition
Old 07-29-20, 06:23 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Welcome to the forums. There is a limited amount of information that we can provide based on the limited description. It should be 1973-1984 based on the Shimano dropout. Shimano is not the brand of the frame/bicycle. The leading candidate for country of origin would be Japan and it is probably at least mid-range level. Pending pictures, the serial number may allow to determine the year, manufacturer and suggest possible brands. Most companies used the same frame as a base for two or three bicycles, so even if we can determine the brand, we may not be able to determine the exact model.