Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Tacx newbie questions

Old 07-15-20, 04:29 PM
SykkelOla

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tacx newbie questions

Hi all,
I am not sure this is the right area, please advice.

I just aquired some gear at a garage sale.
-A used Flow i-Magic T1901. It contains a bike stand for the rear wheel, a resistance unit, display and cadence sensor. (The front wheel stand is missing)
-A brand new but opened box with T1925 software 2.0.2 DVD with upgrade DVD to 3.0. It contains a display with a USB cable and connection cable to the wheel unit and a cadence sensor)

I plan to make a simple wooden front wheel stand, no problem.

Question:
-Was this a bad purchase? Is this gear obsolete?
-The software seem to have never been used. The original plastic cellofane wrapping is still on bith DVD’s. Can I still register it with Tacx? I read that Garmin now runs the show, but there are no info at all about my system, no manuals erc etc. on the web.
-Will the software run in Windows10 or do I need to install on a dedicated Win7 PC? (This is not a problem, I can do that on an old laptop)

I’m a hobby cyclist, I do occasional leisure tours on my single rider MTB near my home, or on our Cannondale MTB tandem. I never thought I would get a trainer before getting this on an impulse

Does it have a monetary value? I would like to know before I break the plastic wrappings and install and register the software and make it useless for subsequent possible users.