Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Hit Twice This Year.

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Hit Twice This Year.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-20, 10:42 AM
ryan_rides

Bikes: 2018 Aventon Cordoba 2021 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 23 Posts
Hit Twice This Year.

I was hit in February this year. A car(mustang) cut me off making a right turn after passing me. Broke my front tooth. Had a concussion(i was wearing a helmet). My lips busted open. I was sore for a few weeks. Just filed the lawsuit for this accident last week. Only had to replace my forks. I was just hit again this past Thursday. It was a hit and run. My bike is totaled. I'm okay. I have a wound on my right shin and my left knee hurts. Scrapes on my left elbow and a bruise on my ribs. My back and neck/shoulders hurt too. I've been hit before both of these times but never twice in a year like this. I can't understand how someone could hit me on purpose and then dip like they're above the law. I'm glad it happened right infront of this car wash I actually worked at and there were a lot of witnesses and it's also on camera. Praying that they catch him.
Old 07-23-20, 10:45 AM
ryan_rides

Old 07-23-20, 11:53 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 2638 Post(s)
Liked 3,153 Times in 1,660 Posts
it's a jungle out there.... I train about 50% (or more) indoors these days for that reason. Sorry for your misfortune, I hope they catch him, press charges and that you get compensated appropriately. Also, glad you weren't srsly injured!

Also, I highly recommend that you keep your discussions about this incident on bikeforums to a bare minimum. Do not disclose ANY more details as if it gets legal they will be searching social media for any thing they can use against you. Especially the extent of your injuries, which is unknown to you at this point given the proximity to the accident. You might want to edit your post.

Good luck!
Old 07-23-20, 12:08 PM
REDMASTA

Bikes: Bare Rum Sword Knuckle Runner

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 64 Posts
dang good luck with everything.
Old 07-23-20, 12:13 PM
ryan_rides

Originally Posted by TMonk
it's a jungle out there.... I train about 50% (or more) indoors these days for that reason. Sorry for your misfortune, I hope they catch him, press charges and that you get compensated appropriately. Also, glad you weren't srsly injured!

Also, I highly recommend that you keep your discussions about this incident on bikeforums to a bare minimum. Do not disclose ANY more details as if it gets legal they will be searching social media for any thing they can use against you. Especially the extent of your injuries, which is unknown to you at this point given the proximity to the accident. You might want to edit your post.

Good luck!
I'm not worried about anything I've stated already. I am glad that I'm still alive. I would love to have an indoor trainer or rollers. My bike is my transportation. I've never had my own car. So even if I'm just going for a ride or going to work it's going to be on my bike. What's crazy is that since covid, all the bikes are sold out. I've been wanting an All-City Big Block for years now and it seems to be the only bike that's available right now worth spending money on.
Old 07-23-20, 12:14 PM
ryan_rides

Originally Posted by REDMASTA
dang good luck with everything.
Thank you. Ride safe.
Old 07-23-20, 01:16 PM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2671 Post(s)
Liked 1,151 Times in 872 Posts
the COVID has infected driving habits > no turn signals, 60 in a 30, blocking traffic, running lights AND a wreck where a vehicle just pulls out into traffic and BANG. these are all things i have witnessed in the last month. i almost became collateral damage to the Tb0ner when a car spun toward me and hit a pole, missed by app 30ft, but scared the S--T out of me. you are very very lucky, blessed, or have great KARMA but be careful because even cats go down for good after #9
Old 07-23-20, 03:07 PM
jay4usc
Live Healthy

Bikes: Wabi Classic

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by ryan_rides
I was hit in February this year. A car(mustang) cut me off making a right turn after passing me. Broke my front tooth. Had a concussion(i was wearing a helmet). My lips busted open. I was sore for a few weeks. Just filed the lawsuit for this accident last week. Only had to replace my forks. I was just hit again this past Thursday. It was a hit and run. My bike is totaled. I'm okay. I have a wound on my right shin and my left knee hurts. Scrapes on my left elbow and a bruise on my ribs. My back and neck/shoulders hurt too. I've been hit before both of these times but never twice in a year like this. I can't understand how someone could hit me on purpose and then dip like they're above the law. I'm glad it happened right infront of this car wash I actually worked at and there were a lot of witnesses and it's also on camera. Praying that they catch him.

you can blame cell phones. half of the drivers are distracted with their cell phones and are driving carelessly.
Old 07-23-20, 05:58 PM
coopman

Bikes: Specialized Roll Sport Low Entry and Bianchi Super Pista

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked 61 Times in 44 Posts
I think because of COVID people are driving pi$$ed off these days. Anxiety over when school will be starting up again, etc.
You have certainly been unfortunate. Get well soon...and maybe find a safer area to ride in.
Old 07-24-20, 03:57 AM
bonsai171

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by ryan_rides
Glad you are ok. I would suggest finding a good lawyer to help sort things out if/when they catch this guy.

Dave

Last edited by bonsai171; 07-24-20 at 04:02 AM.
Old 07-24-20, 10:55 AM
Speedway2

Bikes: United Motocross BMX, Specialized Langster, Giant OCR, Marin Muirwoods, Globe Roll2, VROD:)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked 405 Times in 246 Posts
Wow that's scary!.....but glad you're ok to ride another day.